What bike next?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jack_Bikes

Reaction score
Hi, I am looking to upgrade to a big bike. I have a crf100 and what to step up to big bikes, what bike would you recommend next? I will be doing mainly trails and Mabie a little mucking around on a track. Was thinking ether 230 and 250...
Thanks

As twisties said a 250f would be best if you want to hit tracks cause theyll jump really nicely nd go hard enough,
Whereas a crf230 is more of a farm bike/chill trail rides

250 2t will be over the top most likely as there powers like a light switch(either on or off) but they still make good enough torque below powerband to do hillclimbs generally, as most people will say you need to go ride the bikes and see how they feel as everything comes down to you feeling comfortable on the bike and it having enough power that you wont have to upgrade for a few years

also most people can't ride a 250 2t to its full potential as there a handful to keep control of.

also most people can't ride a 250 2t to its full potential as there a handful to keep control of.

And thats what makes me look like this after i come back from riding
24958081.jpg

250 2smoke, there is no better drug :)

This makes me sad for gettn rid of my 89 kx250 a while ago. damn bills and broken car.

Hi, thanks for all the replies.
Is that 250f a Yamaha? And could somebody tell me what the maintainence on the 250f is like?

This makes me sad for gettn rid of my 89 kx250 a while ago. damn bills and broken car.
Same here mate i had to sell my 02 procircuit tuned yz250 to pay debts, It will definitely be getting replaced in the near future with a 06-07 model when funds let me.

was talking to a mate that runs a bike shop and he said to keep a 250f running sweet they need valves adjusted like every 20hrs so that would piss ya off, But apart from that just regular oil/filter changes and basic preventative maintenance and there reliable.. I'm talking about any 250f motocross bike.
kxf and rmz 250's are the same bike just different colours

i have ridden a crf 100, honnestly i feel they have no balls at all
if you get the chance i think the next jump would be to a crf150r because they are more performance based instead of behaving like a farm bike

to pitbike riders who have not ridden a crf 100... its like getting on a lifan 125 and then the 150r is like getting on a lifan 150 or a tb yx 160

was kicking tyres at a local bike shop the other day when i noticed not ONE but TWO CR500AF's, super droooooooooooolllllllllllllll.

was kicking tyres at a local bike shop the other day when i noticed not ONE but TWO CR500AF's, super droooooooooooolllllllllllllll.
i would have mated with the bikes and never left the store.

Man them cr500's should come with some kind of life insurance package, what is the point of the front wheel on these things.

I've had 2 CR 500's back in the day, awesome bikes. I would love one today

Latest posts

Back