What CC does my wife need

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zardez

Reaction score
Looking at getting an atomik reign for my wife to ride around at a couple of properties we have access to.
I noticed the reign comes in 125, 140 and 150cc, what would be best for her? Are they all on equal playing fields? Or does one have inherent problems? She hasn't done much bike riding other than putting around on my postie bike, but she rides a 125 quad bike, do you think the 125 will be powerful enough? She is about 55kg
Thanks guys

125 is ample mate, they are the best for reliability too. It's definitely the best starting point and its bonus that you can grab one for cheaper than the rest!

Ok cool, would you recommend the larger wheel size 17 14 or would the smaller ones 14 12 be ok?

If youré going 125 stick with 14/12, just my opinion.

Why is that mad? I would have thought larger wheels handled a little better?

^^^ The bigfoots work fine with the 17/14, as my my bro's and mates bikes demonstrate, but a 14/12 combo is more mini style. It's funner and definetely looks a whole lot better man.

Why is that mad? I would have thought larger wheels handled a little better?

A 17/14 combo with a 125 would eventually get boring, and it's my opinion but if it's bigger than 12/14 it's not a mini.

Ok so it's more the way it looks than anything else. Why does it get boring? I don't know much about the mini bike side of things!

^^^ Big wheels take the fun out of it alright, smaller wheels asks for more technical style of riding and gives you that low down feeling that only a mini can give. Spare parts for the smaller wheels are also readily available mate. Also a downside on the big wheels is that you lose alot of clearance on the front wheel and bottoming out is all to common

A mini bike to me should be a zappy litlle thing, with quick handling, thats the fun of them, the smaller the wheel the tighter the handling. After all it started with the honda zeds and they run 8/8 and crf 50's are 10/10 then the pitty's come out 10/12 and 12/14 now 14/17. It's each to his own with that many options out there, I am building a 10/10 maybe a 10/12 combo bike at the moment, Then I want another mid size 12/14 cos I miss my Motovert.

eh wheel size is an elephant

the 125 is not quite strong enough to pull the big wheels around real well if you looking for a ride for the missus and she can ride a posty bike go a big wheel 150 she will love the power or be scared of it both a good thing
the 140 in a big wheel goes alright but the 150 will be better

Someone mentioned earlier the 150 isn't as reliable as the 125? (I would have though the opposite) she would eventually get use to the power of a 150 right? Plus if she doesn't like it a mate can always ride the 150 :p
I would prefer a 150 but just wanna make sure thats a good option

Latest posts

Back