What choice of engine replacement do i have for a PitPro 140XR??

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mini-gee

Reaction score
Hey hey! I have a PitPro 140XR, and the shop i bought it from told me to use normal motor engine oil in it, i have since been told this is wrong and is the reason why my bike is not running properly. It seems to slip alot under acceleration. It has been sugested that i just buy a new engine. What choice do i have for this type of bike and whats my best option for about $500

Cheers

Im sure you would be able to sort your engine but you can always replace to something better im pretty sure you could run any pit bike engine in that frame, if you wanted something decent i would go the 160ho motor if you had the coin.

it does sound like a slipping clutch. you cant use fully synthetic oil in these engines as it binds up the clutch plates (unless you are using daytona kevlar plates). so all you probably need to do for starters is put new clutch plates in. im guessing a price about no more than $60.

Or simply pull the clutch out and soak the plates in kero overnight

Reinstall and put mineral based oil in it - see how you go

it does sound like a slipping clutch. you cant use fully synthetic oil in these engines as it binds up the clutch plates (unless you are using daytona kevlar plates). so all you probably need to do for starters is put new clutch plates in. im guessing a price about no more than $60.

Yeh thats what i was told, and apparently to get that done costs nearlly as much as a new motor? go figure. the guy said u need special tools to do the job hence y i would need to get it done by someone. thoughts?? thanks for ya helps!!

Special tools hay, hahah more then likely you have the special tool in your tool box at home..
Things they tell you so you spend money with them..

Yeah ive got thoughts. the 'tool' cost $20 and there is no way it should cost as much as a new engine. it must be labor costs, but i cant see it being that much in labor as i have done this myself. call up another Mini bike shop and ask how much clutch plates and labor costs are.

have a chat to Andy at Big 50 Race and Retro Parts he is always helpful and charges like $55 an hour. oh and it would not take him more than 1 hr to change clutch plates. so as a ruff price that is $55 labor + $60 plates. cheaper than a new motor.

aiight i'll look into it a bit more. Theres not too many guys around my area that deal with import pit bikes so it tough tryin to get any good help. Cheers blokes!

Latest posts

Back