What Do I Need?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kylegooseman

Reaction score
Im looking at buying a PitsterPro z160 HO as a transpland for my Lifan 110 (bit to boring with the power). I will be getting it from DHZ if I get it and was just wondering what else I will need to have it going, I know that i will need a Carby but is that all? Also will my Exhaust bolt straight on? My bike is a PitBoss Empire 110 (thats all I know and im pretty sure its a CRF70 style). Heres a link to the engine New 2010 PitsterPro z160 HO Engine, 6 Plate HD Clutch, Rotor Kit Support Lighting & Battery Charging - DHZ Mini Moto
Cheers
Kyle

Hey Kyle, you'll need to buy another exhaust mate, The crf style header wont fit the 160. DHZ have them as well..from memory about $139

apart from that, a Carby as you mentioned..maybe some decent oil too. Should pretty much cover you?

Im sure others can elaborate on this for ya...

Thanks for the quick reply, I'll try and source an exhaust from the Mini Classifides and ive got oil and everything. Also wondering how these motors go for reliability and speed cos theres not much info on DHZ and I wanna make sure its gonna be worth it. How much HP do they pump out?

dhz say the 160 gives 20hp

but people say the most they have ever got is 17hp...

sorry for the double post and the 160 and 125 are reliable engines if you treat them well like not trying to kill them

only thing is tho some people complain about the gear box in the 125 like they can ware out quickly if you speed shift or try to brake in gear with the clutch out

I should be able to get them cheap locally, So do you reckon the 125 would be enough cos I want way more power than my Lifan 110's got but I haven't got much coin to spend

I should be able to get them cheap locally, So do you reckon the 125 would be enough cos I want way more power than my Lifan 110's got but I haven't got much coin to spend

Well if your decision is $$ based, then the 160 aint for you..

The GPX125 may be your best choice.

Have you ridden a bike with the GPX125? Do you reckon its good. I will be riding mostly track at my mates place so im wanting plenty of 2nd gear

Nope...sorry.

I'll be getting a z160HO after the silly season (damn kids and there presents..lol) i havent ridden a bike with a 160 in it either, but my decision is based on the reviews and members feedback.

As far as a 125cc motor goes the GPX is good. but all you guys are dreaming if you think its faster than a 160cc. its just not.

i ride motard pretty competitively and have ridden both motors. the 160cc just has more torque for pull out of the corners and can push through the wind better when tapped out at 100km/h. people are using 160cc motors in a max 160cc class for a reason.

if its absolute power you want, the 160 has more. if its a fast 125 you want, the GPX is pretty good.

Yea ive had a talk with my dad and im gonna keep the engine ive got for now cos its still in excellent condition but im gonna upgrade it. What mods do you reckon I should do, Ive got a mikuni carbie

well if the throttle response is good id keep the mikuni if it's bad go a 15mm which they use on 110cc
the only other upgrades i can think of is a big bore kit and a race head which i don't think will fit

Latest posts

Back