what do you all think of this frame

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
can someone please tell me if it is good or not .

That frame actually looks pretty good apart from not having a cradle mount. It looks strong enough, has a nice sub frame and all welds look good. There doesnt look to be any need for any extra frame strengthening and its probably better than other single tube frames of a similar price.

Funny that they are selling it supplied with carby, bash plate, gear lever and kick starter. There not your usual parts that come included with a frame so thats a bonus.

yer does actually look pretty sweet! theres not many of the single type frames with that rear swinga setup either .

I almost got it, but looking at the frame it has a square piece at the top like bracing - BUT it wouldn't seem to be bracing it just pressed like that. (Like Snitchy's sons bikes frame that snaped, looks like twin pipe but it's just pressed to look like that)

I don't think that it's going to be any stronger than a cheap frame.

Have a look at this pic
168741841_o.jpg

The top rail isn't welded on it just sitting there, so must be pressed. Pitty would have made a great base for a motard :)

Last edited:
sending your bike flipping down the bitchy is still going to damage your bike, and if you race you use jumps and dirt too.. AND to that if its in a high powered bike your up on one all the time so the pounding it gets comeing back to earth should be taken in to consideration. On a 24sec lap at Archerfeild i'd say my front can go skywards in 2-3 corners every lap.

well....never trusted alloy much....and without a cradle...hmm...I would say get a different frame

Hey
i was looking at that frame aswell but only thing that caught eye was the rear swinger other than that tho...its cheaply made and not worth the dodgy chrome on it :)

well....never trusted alloy much....and without a cradle...hmm...I would say get a different frame

Yep no cradle is no good but you can make up a bracket to act as a cradle but you have to make it match the frame so that it looks like it should be there. Otherwise it can make the frame look cheap and dodgy.

The problem with alloy is that its such a broad term thats used to describe the material. There is no description given of what type of alloy it is exactly so you dont know what materials were used to make it up, therefor you cant be sure on its strength. Only testing will tell you that and I would love to see as many frames as possible tested with the right equipment to see there exact strength but I cant see anyone doing that anytime soon.

Latest posts

Back