what do you think?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dirt Bikez & Pocket B

Reaction score
i found this pipe browsing through ebay. do any of you guys think its worth getting for performance and would it match up to actual brands like the pro circut t4 pipe? i want a pipe that would help my engine breath easier and give me more power would. this do the job?
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/NEW-HP-Chrom...0571602QQihZ015QQcategoryZ29705QQcmdZViewItem

i think $150 isnt a bad price for this CHROME exhaust system. you can bid for them and get them for $120 instead of buying it now.

cheers daniel

I don't know much about performance pipes. That pipe looks awsome.

I don't think it will perform much different than a stock one. The trouble with these pipes is if you have a look at your pipe, you will see the bends in the header have been made with a pipe bender. This creates a big restriction in these bends. If you look closely that pipe has those same bends and is same diameter, so should perform roughly the same. The dearer pipes are made from mandrels tig welded together for uniform dia. these pipes also have larger dia. and some step up even larger down the pipe. They are also subjected to heaps of R & D to be made to perform the way they do. It is very tricky business to get a good performing pipe.

Dirt Bikez & Pocket B said:
so preety much not worth gettin u reckon?

Depends on what pipe you have on now.
But most pipes are pretty unrestriktive.. So only minor benifit can be seen form this unit...(dont forget to jet or tune accordingly)

BUt it looks great....... :) no seriously bloody good..

DSC00419.jpg

thats my pipe, one of them crappy looking things. what size jet should i go for my 26mm carb if i do get this pipe.

Well like I said the pipe will be similar...but you never know what the can on the end will do. I've looked hard at this pipe myself wondering about that can. If it was similar in design to a t4 (which I doubt) I would get a mate to tig up a pipe to suit. You'll never know till you try. One thing thats got me more interested than usual is that seller has been doing better than average parts, so has got me curious whether that pipe is ok. Email him and ask for it straight up..."Hey dude, whats the exact difference between that and a t4."
I'm like you, I just can't bring myself to spend $600 on a pipe!

those dhzdirect zusts are the same as any "thumpstar" zust... i also highly doubt there would be a significant increase in zust flow etc...

and look thats the same as my old engine on my pitty i bought from him

i think ill go out abd buy one for me self. they look good and ill tell u guys if it makes a difference, low on funds atm but should get it soon.

some companies are badging those as gen T-4's like barrrp bikes. nothing like the genuine pro circuit pipes.

Dirt Bikez & Pocket B said:
COULDNT AGREE MORE
a mate of mine just bought one and it turns out there is no bend on the pipe where it meets header. nice and curved and it gave me mate a huge boost on his lifan. i will soon get it. :)

So performance exhausts actually do make a difference? we need some dyno results of before/after, stock/performance exhaust.

they are pritty much the same as any other thumpstar zust... they just got a different looking muffler

Check out the bbr pipes on ebay they look huge
i would buy one myself if i had the spare dough;)

Latest posts

Back