What does the hose do on the fuel cap?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
it vents your fuel tank,

the air needs to escape for liquid to come out of tanks,

if you block it off, it will stop the fuel flow from the tank,

Its got like a plug on the top of the pipe. Should that be taken off when riding? I look closely and it doesnt seem to have any air holes or anything in it.

img.php

Should i lave it like this when riding?

I just noticed that a big gush of air come out when i took the cap off.

Last edited:
that lets air out put dirt etc not in its left on while riding

So leave it on whilst riding and take it off after? Sorry man im new to the whole mini bikes and it may sound stupid to you but i really dont know. I dont wanna stuff my bike up either.

its got a little hole going through it, just leave it on all the time, it will just sit there, and you both will be happy forever!

thats good mate, so its all running pretty good? and ya happy with it?

those plastic tubes are known to pop off the fuel cap too, ive put a little cable tie on where it connects to the cap,

Cheers

thats good mate, so its all running pretty good? and ya happy with it?

those plastic tubes are known to pop off the fuel cap too, ive put a little cable tie on where it connects to the cap,

Cheers

Oh really. I will put a cable tie on it then. As for the bike. Its running awesome. Havent had any problems yet. Ive only taken it out twice, but so far so good. Im actually about to go for a burn down to pellican point now

It is better to leave it on while riding cus u wont lose fuel pressure and it also vents air ou so it doesnt compress and explode.

On most china bikes they do more harm then good, Fuck it off and put a long hose on.

i think he means a longer tubing like whats on there and just run it somewhere. like i seen bigger bike have it running towards the forks.

so that explains that side of things,

but this comment

"On most china bikes they do more harm then good"

??????????????:confused:

After riding today i actually just took it off. I stalled a couple of time with it on so i took it off and never stalled after that.

I would say that franky means that the chinese ones run on a 1 way valve set up, and not the best quality, most of them rely on a floppy bit of plastic or rubbery shit as the valve which stuff up most of the time and you don't even know it.
Probably half the fuel restriction problems everyone is having, is caused by the tank not breathing, If you take your fuel cap of and you hear that psssss of air rush in, you will now know what the problem is.. just piss it off and get yourself some hose and replace it.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back