what engine for my crf 50 frame?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crf50 2008

Reaction score
ok guys got my 88 all sorted now so im starting to do a build with all my left over 50 bits.
was looking at putting a lifan 110 in with a 26mm mikuni (dhz carby) only cos i got the carby laying round allready.
or the new gpx 125 race engine with the same carby?
does anyone know will they both fit?
which one should i get?
this will be just a stuff around bike
iphonePictures440.jpg

curently has a 70cc motor but soon to come out

Not to sure abouut the GPX 125 but the lifan should fit. Some some modifactions might be need (New mount brackets). The 26mm carbi will be too big for the size of engine your looking at putting in. I would go 18-20mm carbies for those sized engines.

yer they should bolt right in , mite have clearance issues with the carb depending what manifold/carb it is.

that carb is pretty rubbish , and is actually a 22mm i think .

a good 22-24mm carb would be good for either i would say.

Give Rider459 a PM.. He built a crf50 stocker with a lifan 110... He should be able to point you in the right direction.. Get a PZ19.. Why? Because I have one forsale. lol

A GPX 125 would sh*t all over a lifan 110, they kane most lifan 125s and 140s.
The only thing is getting it mounted in. Search around and see if anyone has managed to do it. :)

If mounting the GPX is possible probably go with that.

The only thing is getting it mounted in. Search around and see if anyone has managed to do it. :)

Yes they are fast, but in a crf50 stocker you don't want the fastest thing you can fit in there

Yes they are fast, but in a crf50 stocker you don't want the fastest thing you can fit in there

True but it depend what sort of riding the bike id gonna be used for.

I guess this could be his cruising 50. Haha :)

got the 70 in it at the moment thats a cruiser motor want it about the same speed as my 88 if not abit faster is always good and yea the 26mm mikuni from dhz is a 22 but wanted to use it cos its brand new and just sitting around here and would save me some $$$$

Last edited:
stop puting china shit on honda for starts lol run takie 124 kit mate u wont look back all china stuff breaks u pay for what u get in bikes so if u r only going to try and save money on it dont worry about it

stop puting china shit on honda for starts lol run takie 124 kit mate u wont look back all china stuff breaks u pay for what u get in bikes so if u r only going to try and save money on it dont worry about it

for starters not all china stuff is shit and breaks, and when it does break it because the people that buy it usually have no idea what there doing anyway...sound familiar?

ive allready got a 88 honda that ive spent an absolute fortune on thats all jap and usa gear. this is just a cheap build up 50 style 10"er that any one can ride and i dont give a **** if they trash it or not was just gonna get a 110cc lifan set of pro tapers maybe a cheap ebay sticker kit and be done. that way any one that rides it wont get left behind the 70s just too slow.

Last edited:

i managed to do it on my 125
if you want a fast powerful motor go the gpx
its taken 7 seconds of my lap times around a fast 50 track (other engine was a jialing 125)

will it fit though? is it crf50 bolt pattern? had any issues with these motors? do you have to run a oil cooler cos theres not much room for 1 i bet

nah my mate has a 10k crf with a gpx125 in it (dont ask my why, hes dumb lol) and its useing a billet ware frame and fit straight in, good luck, and all i can say is iv seen it beat a yx150... :D

man put your 88 into the much around bike and then put a daytona 125 in your 88

ALL CHINA ENGINES ARE CRF50 BASED ... regarding the engine mounts..

Thought about a 88 kit for the engine thats in it?

yea thought about it but its bout $500 for a tb 88 kit with race head and for that price ide almost get a 160
trying to build the fastest bike with the least money and less hassle

Last edited:
i reckon just a lifan 110. i had a lifan 125 in a stocker. was shit as though. manual clutch on a stocka is just gayy lol and was to much for it i reckon, to hard to jump decent shit.

Latest posts

Back