What engine oil?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

anf355

Reaction score
Hi everyone,i cant seem to find anything about oil recommendations. i just purchased a pitpro 140xr today, after i run the engine in i want to change the oil, what does everyone use, synthetic/mineral and what viscosity? I would ask at the bike shop but they would have a bias recommendation and prob not have much experience with these bikes.
thanks
Anthony

10w40 motul 5100
dont use the oil thats in the engine its not even oil its a solution to stop the insides of the engine rusting when its in the warehouse

Last edited:
i use motul 20w50 mineral based and its seems to be going great

Last edited:
motul 5100 (10w-40) semi synthetic . Don't use fully synthetic because it can cause your clutch to slip

use fully synthetic, just make sure u get a oil meant for a motor bike not a car as the car oils have additives that make ur clutch slip

I am using the GN4 Engine oil its a 10-40w is that any good for a crf50 or should i be using somthing else

Last edited:
hey guys i am also goin to be getting a pitpro140XR soon and just wondering what should i do straight of the box, \ run the engine in on the oil in it then change to????? or straight up change the oil for a thin oil for run in ?

Use mineral oil, get about 4litres of it, and on first tank full chnage it half way through tank and then rest of them change every tank.

So dont run the stock oil in it.

Well then Sidney what do you do on run in?

Is it bad that i changed my oil every half tanks and then some full tanks?

I dont think it is im making sure the engine is nice and fresh with clean oil.

Latest posts

Back