What Engine???

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skeetskeet

Reaction score
so i kicked started my atomik 125 a little hard and crunched something, i'm guessing the starter gear? What's the best or strongest 140cc engine i can get with $400
I was looking at the GPX or LIFAN on ebay. Also how easy is the conversion?

kthnxbye

conversion is a piece of piss.... two engine bolts, swap the carbie, also two bolts, and exhaust:eek: shit! two bolts again.....hang on, theyre nuts:p

then the cdi may, just may, cause dramas.

from the engine, the important wires...green, earth. always earth.
black with red stripe or red with black stripe.... to closest match on cdi.
blue with white stripe, same deal...whatever looks the best match.

any other wires are...white, white and/or yellow...power for lights battery etc.
pale green, maybe with a stripe...neutral indicator.

dont use them:)

the black yellow and black white from the cdi(lil black box)...leave as is. b/y goes to the coil, b/w goes to kill switch...usually

different if you have an inner rotor kit fitted, they only have black n white wires. white= blue white, black = black/red, and earth = frame....from memory

engine wise, stick with the lifan 140, apparently...be warned, theres an oil cooler on the 140's and larger... can be jumped with a hose if necessary....

where the f()&$ is ringwood?

Last edited:
thanks headsmess great info.... what would you upgrade the carby to? 28mm? my stock one is 25mm.

LOL ringwood is outer eastern suburbs of melbourne

26 mm OKO flatslide , genuine VM-26 Mikuni , VM-24 mm copy Mikuni or the newer version of the 24 mm MOLKT ... that's their VENTURI size ... which is the smallest area thru the slide ... your carb has a 21.5 mm venturi area (25 high x 18 mm wide) ... Going off "ebay" carb sizing logics ... the VM-24 would be a "28" mm carb since the outlet measures 28 mm ... The MOLKT has a 26 mm outlet but only has a 24 mm venturi ... A funnel only flows what will fit thru the spout hole diameter ...

Latest posts

Back