What forks for the nitrous

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

timeeh

Go Go Gadget Moderator
Supporter
Reaction score
Evening peoples, just wondering if anyone out there has changed the forks on their nitrous? Would a standard set of GPX/DNM/Marzocci copies fit on the frame? Also has anyone tried the Marzocci copies, what are they like? Thanks :)

WHen fitting new forks the part that will decide if they fit is the triple clamp stem bolt. Your best bet is to measure the headstem of your bike and check what the aftermarket fork clamps are like. Something to watch out for is some forks have 48mm/48mm clamps and other have 45mm/48mm clamps. If yours currently has 48mm/48mm then good news to you cuz the DNM's will slip straight on without the newwd of buying clamps.

I've got the DNM's on my bike and they are simply beautiful!

So the key points to look for are:

triple clamp diameters and stem bolt length
spacer sizes needed
brake mount on the forks: some fork brake mounts are 51mm others are 45mm, etc

So all up I'd recommend the DNM's (direct from there factory for cheaper, but don't tell anyone I said that lol) and Id probably grab a set of GPX front brakes to suit (cuz there on special from DHZ.

Regards

Carlton

cheers mate. what'd you pick em up for? I just sent them an email so now i play the waiting game.... I only have 2hrs on the original ones and they probably are fine BUT i can't open em to put oil in, so the wife said i can buy a new set :) Unfortunately when i asked if i could get the Marzocci (OG's) she wasn't real happy.... So now i have to stick to a slightly less budget :)

Hey Mate I got mine for about 200usd with 110usd postage, that was with triple clamps aswell.

Took under 2 weeks to get to my home!

Hey mate, go the gpx or dnm, those copies arent very good I have heard.

Good luck,
Sambo,

Latest posts

Back