what fuel does everyone use?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pitbikejim

Reaction score
just wondering what fuel everyone uses? level of octane?
i have a pit pro 140cc what level of fuel should i use?

Personally i use bp ultimate just because it's the servo around the corner...
You dont need to run 98 octane fuel but atleast run 95 octane because 91 octane(e10) will make your engine run hotter than usual and can also cause premature death of engine. plus more octane=better burn

I use 98 octane fuel on my bikes and have done for a fair while. Caltex Vortex 98 or Bp Ultimate 98 i use this octane level for the reason liljohn_92 said higher octane=better burn. But least use 95 octane dont use 91 octane or any ethanol based fuels.

To clarify all 91 octane fuel now contains ethanol. It has for about 9 months and in that time I've seen 50-60 lawnmowers/brushcutters score pistons(common on the 2strokes) or the 4 strokes seize a valve from excess heat and it generally punches a hole in the piston. Oh the joys of fixing lawnmowers
And all of the mowers I've seen with damage were from ethanol blend fuel as there were no leaks from seals/gaskets and carbs could be put on another machine and be spot-on

just wondering what fuel everyone uses? level of octane?
i have a pit pro 140cc what level of fuel should i use?

i assume you have the lifan 140... this means that your compression is 9:1 + the carbon build up so i run 98 in my bike to stay safe... and i also have a high comp piston in anyways :p

To clarify all 91 octane fuel now contains ethanol. It has for about 9 months and in that time I've seen 50-60 lawnmowers/brushcutters score pistons(common on the 2strokes) or the 4 strokes seize a valve from excess heat and it generally punches a hole in the piston. Oh the joys of fixing lawnmowers
And all of the mowers I've seen with damage were from ethanol blend fuel as there were no leaks from seals/gaskets and carbs could be put on another machine and be spot-on

Up here we still got stock unleaded and then ethanol 10% unleaded, but there is some shops especially BP that dont have a std unleaded and only stock ethanol blended and high octane fuel.

Can tell you not all 91 is ethanol blended.

Yeah definitely not all unleaded has ethanol. In a lawn mower running anymore than 91 will make the motor ping.

Just be really careful guys with some of the 98 Octanes as well. A lot of them have engine cleaning additives in them (BP Ultimate for example) which will do more harm than good to a bike. It's designed to clean car engines not bikes.

I try and always stick to the 95 Octane as it has no additional additives.

Actually 95 has the additive not 98.

95 does the job just as well as 98 ... I've used 95 for years no problems no diff in performance and its cheaper.

Don't you mean stick to wasting money? Lol jk I use it sometimes makes no difference though

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Xparent ICS Blue Tapatalk 2

i have no choice but to run it in my car and just about all the cars ive had so its just habbit

and i only run bp fuel to and i dont see the bp 95 much not that i would run it though lol

I've found bp to have the best fuel for most of my cars actually so it's a good choice :).... but my bikes not too fussy it will chew down anything 95 and up quite happily from any servo with no noticeable difference

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Xparent ICS Blue Tapatalk 2

Bp 98, cause it's on the way to the track. Always put in 5 bucks in my jerry can, top up the bike at the track with about half of it, keep doing that each week to keep the fuel fresh.

Never use Shell 98 - used to foul the plugs on my 63 falcon, grrrrrr. I've seen it hurt plugs in tuned turbo cars too.

Won't use that 100 Octane from United as my car absolutely hated it (Ford V8) and buggered if I know what they use to get 100 out of it, ethanol, tolulene?

I'd use BP100 or Avgas if I could get it, no performance gain just like the smell.

As for 91 octane, I wouldn't even use that in my whipper snipper. Strangely I do put it in the wifes car though, hahaha

Latest posts

Back