What Gearing?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trashthumpy

Reaction score
i rode my bike with my new lifan 125 today and it ran well but the gearing is off. what gearing do you guyes use? i got 13 on the front and 37ish on the back and it has heaps of torque but no top end.what sprocket should i change to fix this?(front, back) cheers trashthumpy

i rode my bike with my new lifan 125 today and it ran well but the gearing is off. what gearing do you guyes use? i got 13 on the front and 37ish on the back and it has heaps of torque but no top end.what sprocket should i change to fix this?(front, back) cheers trashthumpy

is it a stock 125, if so i would not go any higher than16 tooth front with a 12 inch rear wheel or it will be terrible on a tight track unless you a have big HP engine , but if you are running a 10 inch rear wheel go with a 17 front, i run a 16 front and 41 rear at the moment with a 16hp lifan seems to be good combo

ok thanks will look into it also havn trouble finding front sprockets i got one but needed to file it out a bit anyone else have this problem p.s 420 pitch were to buy sprockets? apart from the local bike shop they cant find one for it.

I run a 37 on the rear and a 17 on the front, 36 on the rear is a bit quicker than my 37 but i like my bling renthal look better :)

ok thanks will look into it also havn trouble finding front sprockets i got one but needed to file it out a bit anyone else have this problem p.s 420 pitch were to buy sprockets? apart from the local bike shop they cant find one for it.

yours must be a 20mm main shaft, is it a black 125, if so you can get them i will try and get a link for you

im after a 17t front for my lifan with the 20mm shaft atm im running standard 14t front and 37t and a 420 pitch chain too

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back