What have you done to get yourself through the day?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sam93

VIC MR Ride Day Organiser
Reaction score
Like the tittle says what have you done to get yourself through the day?
This means anything dodgy, hillbilly, bogan repairs that got you riding.

Ill start:
Dave crashed my motard and snapped off my bi-fold clutch lever, eager to ride for the rest of the day we got one of my spare front brake bi fold levers and flipped it upside down back to front, and hack sawed the thread that adjusts angle of the lever so that the cable could go through then we used lock wire to keep the cable in the thread space because it kept slipping it...Yes it worked and it actually worked and it had a good feel to it!

Pics:
IMG_2914.jpg

IMG_2914.jpg

IMG_2912.jpg

I really wanted to ride and sold my front brake thinking i wasnt going to ride for a while and would have time to upgrade but i didnt and wanted to go for a ride. So i used the front brake from a ciniworx 125 crf50 style 10" they didnt fit so we got a piece of steel and cut it into a little rectangle and drilled holes into it to space it correctly the brake wouldnt fit the forks. After using a lot of washers and bolts we got it to work but it didnt have much braking power and i kind of felt scared that when i would use it, the whole front wheel would lock up or something. But it got me through the day :D

pic:

IMG_2960.jpg

Last edited:
Nice one! i have a couple, a mate snapped his clutch leaver on his yz250f so we used a bunch of cable ties and cable tied it to the rubber boot.... wish i had a pic was so dodgey but hey it worked

Also mates on a mates pitty the ball snapped off the end of his throttle cable, so we pulled it apart tied a knot in the end of the cable and that held it in. It also was a bit sticky so he got stuck with the trottle pinned a few times!!!

Ahhh gotta love those bush mechanics

mate forgot to put his adjuster on the end of his clutch perch , good old duck tape held that cable in place for the weekend (Y)

On my 2nd shit ass minibike , zip ties helped alot!
use to pull the plastics off so much i just ziptied them back on all the time
And popped the rear tyre , so instead of getting a new tube like some people , i just put a SHITLOAD of zipties around the tyre/rim so it held it in place (like a rimlock) and kept riding , was pretty grippy in soft stuff but was abit sketchy on hard stuff

i was cleaning my carbie and i lost the pin that holds the float fork in the bottom of the carbie so used a bit of electrical wire and its been in there for weeks and still works lol

will get a pic of when my hub busted i was out in the middle of woop woop on some fire trail and i found 2 bolts as all of them came out and i used 2 cable ties to hold my sprocket in place lasted about 2 hills and about 500m and the bolts came out again so the cable ties just snapped

at the start of a race some ones elbow snapped my clutch lever when we where bar banging ?? the clutch snapped in the perch so the cable and the boot was the only thing holding it on and it was flopping around for the rest of the race and when i was land some jumps the clutch cable would pull and the bike was slipping the clutch . cant say i had a straight face after that race.

Cozza i have done that to, i got a sheet of 1mm alloy and cut a dodgy bit out of it with pliers and then driller a whole in it and cut a line into it with a hacksaw always worked :)

snapped a bolt in the head that holds the exhaust valve cover on so i moved the cover slightly and drilled a new hole with a dremell and altered the valve cover slightly with the dremell and force screwed a new bolt into it and bam - works perfectly - looks ok too but underneath its an abortion.

tighten the bolt up too much and ripped a hole in the cover, this is how it looks now ..

P6100470.jpg

Bit of plastic weld and she's holding up great haha

haha nice TyD,
my old bike i lost my bolt for my clutch lever, found a stick, a rock smashed it in lol

Hillz i also posted bogan and dodgy i wasn't particularly targeting Hillbilly's...

Made a banjo bolt after i snapped one.....

my chain snapped so out came the tiewire and snips and it lasted about 3hours of easy riding then i decided to gun it and bang it broke agian lol

Latest posts

Back