What is the best bike i can get for under $500

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

benox

Reaction score
Well guys, I'm really confused my birthday is this saturday and I'm getting a new motty. Ive got about 500 to spend. Franky insists I should get an Atomik Motox 125. Hillz thinks I should get an MXB. What do you guys think? I'm stuck at the point where I have absolutely no idea what bike to choose. I want a 125 not a 110.
Cheers
Benox

i would get this for 450 of ebay maaate

33uaflw.jpg

dont go the mxb ie got one and its shit im getting rid of it at the end of the year

Don't buy anything for $500!!!!!!! Thats just stupid, wait untill you have at least $2000.

You'll only get a peice of shit for $500 and it wont be worth it.

The only thing I would even consider buying for $500 is the pitpro rr.

Dude, save up 2000? I'm dirt poor, 14 not even old enough to get a job yet. How do you expect me to get 2000? It would take me atleast 2 - 3 years to save 2000.

Dude, save up 2000? I'm dirt poor, 14 not even old enough to get a job yet. How do you expect me to get 2000? It would take me atleast 2 - 3 years to save 2000.

ur 14 and have 500 bucks!?! geez i was 16 and still never had over 50 bucks... but like every1 else has said you should save up a lil bit more.

even if ya save up $800-$900, at least the you can get a bike that will last 12 months.
mow some lawns, wash some cars, it won't take long

hey i just bought a fully modded second hand Atomik Pro x. Only thing wrong with it is i snapped my throttle cable when doing a burn out, but there only 15 bucks! i only paid $462 off ebay!!!

It's the best thing ive ever bought! Plus they have best customer service ive seen around!

Sounds freekin awesome man, Im thinking of buying a pitpro RR but they are still above my budget :(

The pit pro would be the way to go, I havent been watching them latley, how much are they selling for now?

About 500-700

I only have 486 to spend.

Yeh, im in same position as you. Spending a maximum of $500 + postage.
Bit annoying when people just say 'Save up 2 grand or, dont buy an atomik, get a motovert instead!', when its been said what the budget is...

On ebay I'm watching Atomik MotoX's and the Orion counterpart (agb-21's) and the Tomahawk Slingblade (be bloody lucky to get on of them under 500 tho).
If any are finishing under 500 I'll probably be bidding against you!

You can get one off eBay for 450 if you're lucky, just borrow 50 bucks from someone.

But you're gonna spend more than the bikes worth on repairs, my old bike was $900 and I spent $200 for a new frame, $200 new engine, broken foot pegs and mount $50, new handlebars $90 and about $300 for tyres, chains, sprockets, levers and other maintainence (though this would really happen on any bike).

But anyway, have fun. ;)

just think of it this way, if you get a cheapo one for 450, its gonna break something pretty quickly, and seeing you said you got no more money, its gonna be stuck in the shed broken!!!!

if i was you, id just wait and save till you can get something like a prox, Pitpro etc, you only need like 200 more, and the difference in bikes will be heaps better,

rememeber these bikes need plenty of maintenace and repairs, its not just a case of spending $450 and riding it for a year, things will need fixing...

looks like flarry said the same thing at the same time i was writing hahaha, so just read his reply LOL

Latest posts

Back