what kind of exhaust for top end performance?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

V8_mate

Reaction score
as some of you may have read before i'm interested in building a drag/salt lake type racer with some form of 125. i was wondering what kind of exhaust would suit this application the best? i was thinking just an open pipe with the outlet in a cone shape as i've seen lots of racers with that.
cheers
chris

is noise a factor if not a straight thru like top fueler short & tuned lenght would be best,cheapest i would think.

Yep, for that type of application a short pipe with a megaphone fitted is what you want.

is noise a factor if not a straight thru like top fueler short & tuned lenght would be best,cheapest i would think.

noise is not a problem. does it matter it its in 2 pieces? i was thinking of using one or 2 of those cheap ebay manifolds to get the exhaust to bend away from the motor and then welding a flange (dunno if thats what its called) onto the end of the manifold and another flange onto the megaphone bit to make it easy to take off.

i would go to a muffler shop that are equipted with a pipe bender and get them to supply some 32 mm. i.d. tube and have this bent to shape.

Latest posts

Back