What oil filter is this???

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

timeeh

Go Go Gadget Moderator
Supporter
Reaction score
Finally got round to replacing my oil filter on the weekend... Anyway i can't work out wot the **** it is, I realise i could get one back out of atomik but i really don't have the time as it's coming to Wakefield on thursday SO just wondering if anyone has any idea on what i might be able to pick up as a replacement, say from somewhere like Repco, Autopro ECT? Dimensions are 45mm H X 40mm W. Was thinking i might try and get a paper filter but no one seems to have one that'l fit. Any thoughts greatly apprieciated
IMAG0066.jpg

that looks like a screen and not a real filter anyways... is there any filter medium inside it ? just looks like a fine mesh to me

^^yeah mate just a mesh filter, no filter medium at all. Apparently the YX160's don't have an any other filter on them unless you install the Takegawa clutch cover, which will give you a normal oil filter. This one is out of the in-line filter from the oil cooler. Thinking i might just give this one a good clean out with petrol and a air blower. Now i'm glad i'm consistent with my the oil changes...

^^yeah mate just a mesh filter, no filter medium at all. Apparently the YX160's don't have an any other filter on them unless you install the Takegawa clutch cover, which will give you a normal oil filter. This one is out of the in-line filter from the oil cooler. Thinking i might just give this one a good clean out with petrol and a air blower. Now i'm glad i'm consistent with my the oil changes...

Yeah just some petrol and a blow out will do it.

But now that you mention it looks like I gotta add this to my list for my YX160:

Takegawa Magnesium Clutch Cover - YX150 YX160

Yeah just some petrol and a blow out will do it.

But now that you mention it looks like I gotta add this to my list for my YX160:

Takegawa Magnesium Clutch Cover - YX150 YX160

Thanks for the help guys, and yea i looked at that exact link yesterday, did you see the price on it??? It's the same price as buying a whole new engine...... Might wait on that one until i put the 184kit in then add this
Takegawa SP Clutch and Magnesium Clutch Cover - YX160

same thing including a HD clutch (but man the prices on these things are nucking futs)

Any idea on part numbers? I have been doing a little more research today and it looks like K&N make them but I need to find out what model number they are. How much can you get them for, and i don't suppose you know the model number?

Part Number is KN-131

Can't tell you how much I get them for as it's DAMN cheap through work. :)

Reckon retail would be around $15 or so.

There is a cross reference on the K&N website. These filters are actually the same as they run in a DRZ400.

Oh and they are the best oil filters you can buy IMO. 100 times better than OEM.

Awesome, cheers mate, shall get some ordered and change out the old metal one. Thanks to everyone for their help :)

If a k&n 131 is the same so are these .....

Hi-Flo HF-131
Emgo 10-84200
Suzuki 16510-05240
Parts Unlimited 01-0018
K+N KN-131
Vesrah SF-3003

I brought 5 X the hi-flo HF-131 for $30 ive got a few spares !

I know thats the filter my Z160HO runs not sure about the inline yx filter tho.....

Yes we sure have mate

Sent from my HTC One X using Xparent ICS Blue Tapatalk 2

Latest posts

Back