What pit bike should i get?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mAx pOweR

Reaction score
Hi all. I ride a KX at the moment but want a pit bike. I'm unsure of what bike I should get, i want it to handle big jumps and be able to carry my 90kg weight. Any suggestions would be great!

or you can build a custom... might take a little longer.. but will save all the upgrades later in the bikes life.. that is what i did.. and im so happy with how my bike sits atm.. has power, best of everything, and strengthened aswell

how much money u wanna spend for around the 1000 mark deliverd you could get a pitpro 140 or dhz 140 i just got a dhz about 6 days ago and im very happy with it i weigh around the 95kg mark it it hauls my arse around fast its got torque and speed so far but for the money its great i payed 840 but if u can save that little bit more u could get alot better bike such as the pitpro 140xr or one of the mso range
good luck mate

Last edited:
i think the elite would be the way to go! or if you want to get really serious look into getting pitster or possibly a honda, but you would have to spend big money on a honda to get something you like (not really the affordable choice!)

yes crazy but most ppl dont have $3000 to spend on a pit bike when u can get a pretty decent one for $1000

well he has a kx! so he would be expecting something that he can thrash just like he would on his jap bike! any bike under the $1000 wouldnt last long if it was given a hard time! from my knowledge i know that anything like a dhz or pitpro would die

if you want to spend a little amount though dont expect the world out of it because as a fact you will not get it!

im pretty sure every1 that buys a cheap bike already no's that if they ;ast 12 months most ppl are happy but im pretty sure they last abity longer then that

there ya go mate thats a good one for ya and at a half decent price

Pitpro 140 xr is a brilliant bike,I weigh about 95kgs and I have owned mine for about 2 months now.I am now at a point where i'm hitting my ramp with 8M gap all day long and nothing has broken or fallen off it yet,doesnt bottom out at all with my weight when jumping.
I have trail ridden it all day on sunday and no problems at all,even had some guys with 400's/450's pretty impressed with what it could do.
For the price of $1195 from Maylands performance if your in SA,it is top value coz it has IRK,Kenda tyres,fastace rear shock,longer travel USD fork(which seems to work relly well)all fitted as standard and hammers so only mod really needed is a set of pro tapers.Until things start to wear out they probably dont need upgrading coz they all do the job well.

Just cause you spend $3000-$4000 on a pitty dont expect that it will hold up like a KX. Trust me the bolts come loose as quick(well almost) as any China. If you got the time and patience build one. Start with the most important(dont be cheap) parts frame,motor, suspension then do what you please from there.

yer well said but takes time and he migh want one soon all upto the dude him slef i guess and hes own likes

Latest posts

Back