What shock is better for xr50

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xrhonda50

Reaction score
Hey, what shock is better for dirt jumping and just riding around in a paddick ( weigh 70kgs ) or would any of them work good?

1: Fastace Rear Shock Model BS-22AR-270L, Available with 250lbs or 550lbs shock springs
[SUS-01]

2:Fastace Rear Shock Model BS-35AR/BFA01AR-280L 800LBS Spring
[SUS-03.280]

3:GPX Moto Racing Rear Shock, 280L 800LBS Spring, Rebound Adjustable
[SUS-20.280]

All of them are here: Suspension - DHZ Mini Moto

what do you think of fastace. do you reckon it will work or it will die on me?.. i dont want 1 to soft( the others should fit i think just 1cm longer then normal)

what do you think of fastace. do you reckon it will work or it will die on me?.. i dont want 1 to soft( the others should fit i think just 1cm longer then normal)

the one i linked is basically already to long , and the other 2 are to wide/fat and would barely fit through the subframe without bending it out . plus they have extremely heavy springs for a a-style setup.

Spring rate should be around 250-350 lb

Fastace arnt to bad for the price

Ok. do you think that is prolly the best ill get for around $100-$150? i just dont want it to be to hard as i have the bbr tall seat and it is like a rock already haha

with 250lb spring it shouldn't be to hard , its pretty much the softest you can go for a-style

The longer the swingarm the more leverage it has so it will need stiffer spring the longer you go with the swingarm...

with stock swingarm because its so short i think 250 mite be on the stiff side?.

If thats all you are looking at spending then yer the fastace if probably the best bet.

You got a xr50 with stock swingarm correct?

I heard it on here from someone recently that grinded down the shock spring to make it softer. abit dodgy tho.

Yer, i am running the stock swingarm with a stock shock at the moment. i have also got a storm swingarm but it was like impossible to pop a wheelie on that swingarm so i went back to my stock swingarm.

Latest posts

Back