what should i get the atomik reign 140 or 150

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maso_17

Reaction score
im thinking about getting a atomik reign but dont no what would be better the 140 lifan or 150 yx engine what do you think?

do those reigns have the legit lifan motor but?

thier the same setup as the pitpro but i think the motor might not be the 1p56 lifan motor? which means no gpx motor no race cam no stregthened gearbox no stregthened starter gears no oversized inlet valve.

id look into the reigns thier pretty much the same price as a 140xr anyways.

i have heard good and bad things about the YX motor aswell. id stick to the 140 for now.

i dont think theres such thing as a now ligit 140cc lifan is there????

your probably right.

but i doubt those atomiks got the pitpro motor 140 motor.

they would have gone for the cheaper setup like they always do. and tryed to sell them for the same price as pitpros. thus making more money

yeh but atomik are probably using the older version 1p55 motors instead of the newer upgraded gpx 1p56 motors.

so do the new MSO sr and sx and the other engines alot of bikes use the 55 engine and say its alot better then the 56 and the 56 aint a lifan

its a mixture of everything. it has jailing and lifan components

oh well. i've had both and i can say the 56 was a much better powerplant.

After 20 minutes riding my 150 reign the motor has shat itself. Also has a few dodgey thing i dont like about it. Such as, no dipstick to check oil level and you hafta unbolt the clutch cable to access the oil fill up hole. Also took me about 10 minutes to fill the oil as the hole is blocked by the clutch. After my purchase i now wish i had have stuck with pitpro. Anyone wanna buy 150 reign?

I bought a 140 reign and its sweet as had no probs took my time putting it together and loctiting it all went hard and hasnt been run in yet.

I have the Reign 140 and it has this motor 1P55FMJ
It has a Dipstick and its easy access,

Last edited:
Atomik have been around for years. they are great bikes. i have owned 3 or 4 now. not one problem and they do keep up with the rest of the pack!

Get the 150 for sure
i owned a reign with the 140 lifan and it sent me back a bit of money, the cam, camshaft, clutch and gears are weak in them and thats why i upgraded and changed the whole motor to the yx 150. i spent money on the clutch and starter gears to be replaced and it had bad kickback issues which is possibly from the cam and then the camshaft went on me so then i bought the 150.:D

Latest posts

Back