What takes more skill to ride?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fat-magz

Reaction score
hey guys what do you rekon takes more skill to ride? a mini between 50-140cc or a trail bike like a tt350 or ttr 250 or any other trail bike, (give reasons)

cheers

personaly i think minis are harder to ride just cause they get stuck in ruts a lot easier and you notice bumps a lot more than on a big bike.

thats just my opinion :)

gonna say they both have advantages, big bike is easier to ride because they got bigger tyres and more power to get through stuff but a mini bike is easier to get up slippery hills, because on a big bike you cant really put ya feet on the ground and help yaself to get up and in the slippery stuff the power can hinder you, the wheels just spin and ya get no where, i've been out at wesburn with my yzf and my pitpro on the same day and it was very slippery got the pitty up there no problem but when i tried the yz got no where on it

Big bikes are by far easier to ride in bush just on some hills minis can be better

depends
mini's are harder to ride

but it takes more SKILL to ride a big bike around a tight track as fast as a mini

but it takes just as much SKILL to be competitive on a mini on a faster flowing track

here's a thought i can beat a guy on a fairly flowing track on my 90 and he's on a 140 i'm a faster rider than him

but put someone with the skill to ride fast through that flowy track on that 140 and i wont get a look in

Yeah, good point you bring up there coolie. Skill level plays a large par as does type of track.

All in all, from my experience I find the bigger bikes a bit easier as the suspension seems to be more forgiving, and the 'on tap' power really help to make last second judgement calls.

With the smaller bike I am finding my lower back takes more of a pounding with bumps, and you really have to make sure you're looking ahead to keep and commit a lot earlier to jumps etc to maintain enough speed and 'flow' to make jump if it is a decent size. There isnt enough power with smaller bikes to make a big jump with a small run up.

Having said that, even if a bigger bike doesnt feel the bumps as much, and has more instantaneous power, that can be a bad thing in the hands of a less experienced rider.

That's my two cents...

I can motor a CRF 150F very quickly through the bush however the larger wheels of a 250 are a huge advantage when things get rutty.
I guess the 150 is a big mini with 19" front and 16" rear wheels however you can still put your feet down flat like a mini when you get stuck. The bigger wheels are a real asset through the bush on this bike.

only had road experience on a bigger bike. but just from chasing bigger bikes when ive been out riding u have to pick your lines a lot more carefully cos our little wheels dont handle rough terrain as well as the large wheels do

Latest posts

Back