What the fuel ratio you use for your 2stroke if you have one

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aztech

Reaction score
What fuel ratios do u use on your 2 stroke and what oil.
i use motol 2stroke oil and 30:1 onmy 125cc

Depends on what kind of oil your running.

If say a standard oil like a Castrol Super TT or something, run about 25:1. If running a semi synthetic oil then u can stretch it to say 35:1 and if using a fully synthetic oil you can go as far as 50:1.

I know a guy who had a 2004 cr 125 running at 50:1 with Motul fully synthetic and if he just messed about on it he'd still manage to fowl a plug here and there.

If your not completely sure you can visually inspect your plug after a plug chop. Put say half a litre of whatever mix your want to run (say 30:1 to be safe) and ride around till its almost gone. Put your bike in second or third and accelerate real hard to full revs then smash the rear brake on to lock the back wheel and lock the engine. Most importanlty...DON'T LET THE ENGINE TURN OVER AFTER YOU LOCK IT UP. If you do, the oil on the plug can burn off and not give u a good reading.
Pull the plug out, if it looks oily and shitty, u know your a bit rich. If it is a nice brown colour with no residual oil or anything then you know your pretty right and if the plug is to white, u know your running a bit lean and the engine is to hot.
Change your mixture accordingly and do it again. Also check how much smoke comes out the arse end!! If she's smoking like a stoner, u know she's probably a bit rich!! Always keep on the rich side though until you know exactly what your doing, u don't wanna seaze it up!

Hope this helps.

me and my bros all ride different bikes rangeing from a wr250 to a ktmexc380 and we all run 33:1 with the castoll TT oil, and they have never missed a beat. we do this as we only change the piston and rings once a year and which this ratio allows as there is more oil for the piston to be lubricated, if you run it leaner yes you might gain a little bit more power but have to rebuild the engine more oftenly and i can honestly tell you that my 380 has heaps enough power already, theres no point in trying to squeese a bit more out of it when its already a handful to ride.

I was running 40:1 in my RM but i haven't rode that in a long long time.

i run 30:1 with motul or castrol oil with high octaine fuel on my yz125 2000

i run 33:1 with the same fuel an oil on my yz125 2003

Divy...... why do you have 2 125's? should have a 125 & a 250 that would be the way yo... LOL but serious 250's make 125's feel like kids bikes

Lol, my mates dad says he uses 50:1 on his 49cc mini chopper.

Divy...... why do you have 2 125's? should have a 125 & a 250 that would be the way yo... LOL but serious 250's make 125's feel like kids bikes

the yz125 2000 mod is mine an i went halfs in the yz125 2003 with my bro cause hes 17 an still at school an couldnt aford it so i helped

my 125 will keep up with 250 4strokes an ive beatin a few on a track i wouldnt say 250 makes the 125 feel like a kids bike

i brought the 125's cause i like the way they ride there light to throw around a tight track an luv the power band (who dosnt?)

about 30:1, depends wat oil u sue really, mainly wat bike, it will usually say in the manual but every1 likes it different

Thanks for that boys .divy where u ride any1 ride down broady track>? and going sat>?

Last edited:
yeah i used to go down broady alot but then i started to go down baccas marsh but latley ive been going to lavo track an during the week im around calder park so if any ones around calder park during the week you will see me for sure

run 40.1,in my yz 125 03,and in the mrs rm 80 2000 model,always motul fully synthetic,bought a litre just before easter and cost me 32$,aparently its the best motul oil you can buy acording to yamaha pittmans

always motul fully synthetic,bought a litre just before easter and cost me 32$,aparently its the best motul oil you can buy acording to yamaha pittmans

it is the best mate, motul only make top quality gear.

the yz125 2000 mod is mine an i went halfs in the yz125 2003 with my bro cause hes 17 an still at school an couldnt aford it so i helped

my 125 will keep up with 250 4strokes an ive beatin a few on a track i wouldnt say 250 makes the 125 feel like a kids bike

i brought the 125's cause i like the way they ride there light to throw around a tight track an luv the power band (who dosnt?)

i would say that a 250f does make a 125 feel like a kids bike, the 250f has buckets load more talk and overll power, even the 125 in band has no chance agains the 250f. i notices this when i went from a YZ125 to a YZ250F i recently rode the 125 after riding the 250f and their was no comparisen, the 250f absaloutly blows it away and feel just as nimble or even more than the 125, its only a few kg more.

anyway my 2cents

lol, a 125 2stroke will keep up and quite often beat a 250f.
check these figures.
Here's a good comparison, note the horse-power ratings, torque ratings and the RPMs:

2005 CR125------------------------------------------------------------------------

Significant changes to the air intake boot and a new 36mm Mikuni TM-x carburetor and new cylinder porting give the engine a boost in performance to improve mid-range and over-rev power delivery. Combined with
significant weight reductions achieved on the frame, rear brakes and hub design, the power to weight ratio gives the CR125R capacity to deliver dynamic bursts of power to ensure its place at the top of its class.
Refined rider comfort and ergonomics are matched to the new frame design enhancing maneuverability and control giving a high-flying ride reflecting its works lineage and championship-dominating heritage.

* Engine Type Liquid-cooled 2-stroke single
* Engine Displacement 124.8cm3
* Bore & Stroke 54 x 54.8mm
* Compression Ratio 8.7 : 1
* Carburation 36mm Mikuni TMX flat slide (TMX01B)
> * Max. Power Output 41 bhp at 11,500 rpm
> * Max. Torque 27Nm at 11,000 rpm
* Ignition Digital electronic with 3-D mapping and electronic advance
* Starter Primary kick

2005 CRF250R--------------------------------------------------------------------

A small bike that everybody can enjoy. Sure to become one of the mostpopular dirt bikes on the planet, the lightweight and easy-riding CRF250R provides just theright combination of performance and handling for long days of riding fun.

* Engine Type Liquid-cooled 4-stroke 4-valve SOHC single
* Engine Displacement 249.4cc
* Bore & Stroke 78 x 52.2mm
* Compression Ratio 12.9 : 1
* Carburation 37mm Keihin FCR flat slide carburettor with throttle position
> * Max. Power Output 42 bhp at 11,000 rpm
> * Max. Torque 28.5Nm at 8,000 rpm
* Ignition Computer-controlled digital capacitor discharge with electronic advance
* Starter Primary kick

yes the peak horspower of the bikkes is simular but the powerband is much broader on the 250f, im not shure if uv ridden one but they feel alot more powerfull, i was riding my 250f then jumped on my old 125 and it felt totaly gutless even through power band,

Lol yer im goin down broady this weekend prob if it dosnt rain on me = ] i got a 125yz 03 to . but stock just got tag bars and clamps and just got new seals and chain and sprockets done= ] cant wait to take her out = ]

Latest posts

Back