What to buy?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Etho

Reaction score
Hey guys,
New here and looking to buy my first minibike (ridden/owned 125's and 250's in the past).
Im looking at spending about A grand, maybe a bit more.
Would prefer to buy new but i have done my research and understand that second hand thumstars are good.
Im basically looking for a bike that i can take down the track on weekends, and the occasional blast the the uncles farm.
I really want to get the toughest, most reliable for my money as im not the gentlest of riders. I only weight about 70 kilos, and i like to think of myself as a pretty good rider.
I think ive nailed it down to the following bikes: (in my price range)

DHZ OUTLAW 140CC, NEW 2009 DHZ OUTLAW 140CC BIG BORE RACING THUMPSTAR - eBay Other Trail Bikes, Trail Bikes, Motorcycles, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 03-Jun-09 21:28:54 AEST)

PITPRO 140XR, 2009 140XR PITPRO RACE, DIRT BIKE THUMPSTAR PIT 140CC - eBay Other Trail Bikes, Trail Bikes, Motorcycles, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 01-Jun-09 00:00:00 AEST)

I am also considering a second hand genuine Thumpstar,

Any suggestions on other bikes in my price range would be great.
Also any advice/info on which is best. i.e Easyiest to get spares/upgrades for, toughest, longest lasting, best quality. And also things that would need to be changed like bars, tyres etc.

Thanks in advance
Etho.

MSO are good same as the pitpro140.

the genuine thumpstar would be the most reliable, you'll have to change the bars sooner or later as they'll bend after a drop.

Yeah, from the people ive been talking to. Apart from the obvious Thumpstar, Motovert etc, the PitPro is pretty good, so i think ill end up with a Pitpro 140 or 150, depending on the funds i can come up with.

If you can come up with the money MSO would be the way to go.

I have to aggree with the MSO bikes. They are using much better components than the PitPro.

And their service... you cant begin to compare to other stores.

I was considering buying a MSO elite (top of the line CNC one piece frame) from MSO a little while ago, so I inquired about it only to find out they didn't have any complete bikes left. But Linda took the time to go through all the bits and pieces they have lying around and has put together an almost RTR bike that I can add my own stuff (bars, carby, bearings, few bolts etc) to make a bullet proof bike. ALL for less than the RRP AND posted.
Needless to say I went ahead and bought it :D :D I will make a thread and post pics when I get it all!

GO MSO!!!!

Latest posts

Back