what to get for $150?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
as the title states...What do you think?

I'm asking plenty of questions because I'm leaving for Myrtleford on Monday, so i want to know what i should to before i go.....

new chain and bars i would get, protaper se bars $89.95 and an RK chain around $40 for a heavy duty one and $100 for a racing one.

i'd say like new bars and a new airfilter or something...

lol they are stronger bars then stock type in protaper se in google images and you will see them if you fall off those stock bars will bend easy these wont bend.

DOH!, what i meant was whats the difference.....

Anyway, i think its time to start spending some money!!! YAY

I have just finished spending stacks on my Rc car, its a 1/18 scale electric off road car, converted to on road and is now able to cruise around a velodrome at around 80-90Kph with a top speed of around 115Kph, it would go faster but aerodynamics won't allow it! Crashes look awesome! anyway, back to bikes...

yeah, i am starting off with this Prox140 bike, and up grade it, then maybe save up for a quality bike......i dunno...

Thanks again.

geezus, thats a pretty fast rc car, is it ran off petrol or like a battery, mi last rc car sucked it was a 1/18 1967 mustang and like wen u charged it it would go like rlly slow and t just went all wrong, turned out as a big disaster and we paid alotta money for it.

..get a more agressive cam and valvesprings...you won´t believe what a difference it makes!!:D ;)

The Rc car is run off a 11.1V Lithium Polymer battery... It's a pain in the ass sometimes though because it can be running great for a week or two, then the next time you run it something will break. So you fix the problem and go back outside, then something will break again..... at the moment it's going alright...

BIKES:I think I'm after something, not so much for performance, but parts that will last, I know these bikes are not really designed to last like for example, a Honda, but I want to make it last for as long as it possibly can. Like parts that
will break or bend, they are the parts that i want to replace.

At the moment, I am thinking of replacing the hard plastic grips to something better, and then maybe something like a fastace rear shock, or pro taper bars...
fastace fork would be sweet but its to expensive for me.

how much r good forks worth? any 1 no? cause i was looking at a bike at my friends house and couldent help noticing that the forks were gone lol. it turned out that they broke going over a jump and ther3e busy shoping around for new 1's so any sujestions?

Hey mate,

Myrtleford is a really nice place. A long life friend of my mum, Tom lives up there. You will probably see him walking around with a 6 pack or a beer in his hand and his dog :p Everyone knows him in myrtleford.. Been up there a few times its a great place, If you go near the tobacco crops there is a river down there.. Go fishing there :) You can get some nice trout

Tom....i can't put a face to the name, but I'm pretty sure i would have seen him before, probably even spoken to him. Yeah, I'm pretty sure that river your talking about is the ovens river, i go swimming in it every day during the summer holidays, its awesome....it makes me feel depressed when i think of up there (cause i live in Melbourne) up there i ride the motorbike every day, i wish i could live there.........
And about that tobacco....did you here about whats happened, there is now no more tobacco farming anymore as the government can, apparently, get cheaper and better quality tobacco from places like India and China....Its pretty sad when that whole town was built up from the tobacco industry, my Nonno (grandad) and his brothers were actually the biggest tobacco growers and suppliers in the southern hemisphere about 50 years ago, after a while they split up and now he is growing chestnuts.

Well i think im getting a bit off topic...:)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back