what to get?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dam87

Reaction score
hi all im looking in to getting a bike. was thinking off getting the pit pro 140xr but have seen a lot off ppl dont like them and say they are no good. are they really that bad? what would be a better bike for around the same coin.

cherrs

so the DHZ is a better bike then the pit pro?

yea I got a dhz140 had it for about 1y n a half n done a fair few mods... but I left it stock for maby 6mnths n flogged it and it never let me down with regular DIY services... but yea very happy with the overall bike....

Yeah get a dhz. What's your budget buddy? If you can afford it maybe have a look at a pitster pro or a revolution mx or even a ciniworkz but if you want a decent bike for a relatively good price look at a dhz can't beat it for customer service and reliability
________
SANTERIA ADVICE

Last edited:
yeh i didnt want to spend to much maybe 1500.
thanx for the replys

yeah, well i had a xr140.. owned it for 6 months (second hand) and rode it once... for a few hours... cluck crash boom pow chick knock went the engine, lol so i cant realy comment on it

as i said the bike was second hand, so engine problem was cos of the shotty oil slinger.. now its sweet engine with a few hung of parts and labour:) exept when the carby #%&@s up lol

BUT from whats been said i guess the dhz is the way.. especialy for service. superb.

Yeah go the 140 ask Ken to
Put an oko flatty on it with a unifilter and a did chain or an rk and then get a genuine pro taper se bars off him and your set mate
and a set of protaper pillowtop grips!
the stock grips are crap!
but yeah just get those mods with the bike, install, enjoy!
simple!
oh and put up some pics of it once its done!

and if you don't mind me asking how much riding experience have you got mate??, may even be worth saving up a bit of extra coin and getting the dhz160 crf70 style, a MUCH better bike, with GPX forks standard, a z160 motor, DNM rear shock.. all of these extra things make it a much better bike, BUT there's no use getting something like that if you've got no experience riding..
________
party Cam

Last edited:
none on a pit bike. only ever owend big bikes biks.

I'm with Jordancurrie on this one... If you have experience on big bikes, save the extra $250 and get the 160R, it is far and away a better bike :)

yeh i going to stick with getting a 140 but thanks for all the advice.
just one more thing is there much diffrence with the 140 dpro and the outlaw?

ok so done some more reading and ordered the revmx ttr155z seem to be worth the extra coin now just gota wait for it to come. cant wait :action-smiley-033:

Latest posts

Back