What to use when oiling an air filter?!?!

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pitst3r X4

Reaction score
hey guys i just got a uni filter air filter and i dunno what to use to oil it? would WD40 or degreaser work ok or wud it kill the engine lol.:confused:

Ill just grab a silly idea outta the sky....................how about Airfilter Oil:cool:

Its actually called exactly that, grab it at any bike shop, any brand will do!

please dont use stuff like degreaser or WD!!!!!!!!!!

lol i kinda cant get to a bike shop so that killed it but wat other stuff wud work?

oi lol u dont need air filter oil man u can run it with out it for the weekend (u gona need more than that to beat me tomoz ;) ) lol jks

o well i found some air filter oil frm my rc car toolkit lol so all good!

just use canola cooking oil and spray it on

bout 4 buks a big can

Cheap home brand cooking oil is the go. A little bit in a plastic bag and massage it in to the filter, wash with dishwashing detergent and re oil after each decent ride.

Running your bike without oil is a sure fire way to destroy your engine.

Hi Pitstx3r x4

If you cant get hold of any MX bike air filter oil for ,use CRC Tac2 as a substitute.
We carry CRC Tac2 in stock, it but you can also pick it up from Repco,Motor Traders etc
This stuff sprays on quite thin but within 15-20 seconds becomes as thick as honey [As the solvents in the spray evaporate !]

Do not use thin oils as a substitute. !!! VERY BAD IDEA DUDE !

This sticky viscous nature of Air Filter Oils traps dirt particles where they land stopping them from travelling through your filter and into your new 150cc motor and destroying the Piston rings etc...... !!

Cheers Brian

i shud hav picked some up when i was there , hey brian lol!

sus1 there u go again u still dont no what you are tlking about

stop telling people fale facts that can hrm their bikes

sus1 there u go again u still dont no what you are tlking about

stop telling people fale facts that can hrm their bikes

your the 1 who told me my pitpro 140xr isnt bigger than a crf50

so i think u need to learn wat your on about...

Latest posts

Back