What way is flywheel nut thread on orion ?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mjc85

Reaction score
Hey i am about to attempt to remove my flywheel but i'm not sure which was the thread is.

Is it the normal left/loose right/tight ? or is it a reverse thread ? I want to make sure i don't do it the wrong way and tighten it even more.

when you have the flywheel cover off, see which way the flywheel turns when you slightly push down on the kick starter, the center nut will undo the same direction as the f/ wheel turns.

have fun trying to get it off, i almost shat my guts trying to undo it, finally got it though. they are put on witha a torque wrench.
how are u going to hold the flywheel and do nut @ same time may i ask?

No-Fear said:
have fun trying to get it off, i almost shat my guts trying to undo it, finally got it though. they are put on witha a torque wrench.
how are u going to hold the flywheel and do nut @ same time may i ask?

I got 2 hands =) i have already tried and its almost impossible, i need a rattlegun/impact wrench.

easy, just think how a rattler gun works [inpact] so if you get yourself the correct sized ring spanner, preferebly the double ring which has the rings to both ends, all you need to do is firstly turn the engine over until you feel compression then with the ring spanner fitted to the flywheel nut, give the end of this spanner a quick hit with a hammer, dont just tap it hit it. the spanner end only not your hand or the flywheel.

You could try putting it in 1st gear with the rear brake hard on....

I got it, ended up using a timber clamp with some carpet in between its jaws and clamped to the flywheel while my brother held that i undid the nut with a socket. Now i've gotta figure out how to get the flywheel off.

Before I had pullers I removed a couple of flywheels the dodgy way ;)... try at your own risk & take care..... put 2 large screwdrivers(or similar levers) behind the flywheel with a little pressure on them, leave the nut on the thread 1/2 undone, then rest a piece of hardwood against the shaft/nut and give it a tap with a hammer....

It's not ideal, but if you don't have a puller on hand it works most the time.... Just do it with care...

Flick, what flywheel puller do you use to remove the flywheel on the orion pitbikes ?

I haven't removed one on a chinese bike but I'm fairly certain they are the same as others I have done.... Most small jap dirtbikes use the same.... (27mm left hand thread in the flywheel)

Mine is similar to this:(can't find mine to take a pic)
puller1.jpg

46_1_b.JPG

The second pic I stole from an ended Aussie ebay auction, If you want to buy one maybe contact that seller, it would also be worth pricing a Honda one, I don't think they are too pricey.
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Flywheel-Puller-Honda-Suzuki-Yamaha-Kawasaki-KTM_W0QQitemZ4593068579

From memory I paid $10 for mine secondhand in the late 80's.

Latest posts

Back