what would be better?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trashthumpy

Reaction score
I am not sure about the 1st one, but the 2nd one is for a Mono swing arm and will not work with the swing arm you have on your bike, however i think the 1st one is for your bikes style of swing arm

First one is what you want Trash. A good little shock for the money.

unfortunatly this is where i disagree with mack. the first one yes is made for your A style swingarm BUT the biggest problem with those shocks is that their weak as piss. i have broken 2, my mate broke one going lightly over studders, how weak is that!! i am running one of the 33AR shocks and they are solid, a really good shocka with 1000lbs spring and plenty of adjustment.

you might want to look into ishock because they come with a lifetime warranty and have a good range for the A style swingarm, plus i have never heard complaints about the ishocks so it may be something to look into. that or change your swinger to mono then get a 33AR :D

Cheers, Tony.

Well there ya go, there's some bad reports. Enough to put me off. I only know I used one on a mono setup for a few months on a bike cause I didn't have anything else and it held up brilliant. Where I ride is very rough and rocky and I am not easy on shocks. I think guys have there mount bolts done up too tight as well and on this rudimentary swingarm setup it creates twisting forces in the shock leading to failure. I space the shock properly with shims and sometimes more on one side to account for swingarms not being mounted square to the frame. Many of them are waaayyy out. Then once the shock is squared up I grease the bolts and mounts and back the bolt off a smidge. This allows the shock to work properly and last.

ive found myself in a bit of a delemer with this because the cheaper fastace shock has 8mm holes were i need 10mm holes but the more expencive one with the larger holes is for mono swing arm what can i do?

Latest posts

Back