What would you do??

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

No-Fear

Reaction score
My brother has just sold his 4month old GSX-R road bike and wants to get a little dirt bike to mess around on, here are some options, just asking what you guys would do...

my mates thumpstar which has had the following done $3000
pro tapers
forks re done - $350
ishock - $300
12" wheel - $350
brand new maxxis tyre - $60
1st new gear box free
just had 2nd new gear box done from side to side of the engine - $700
Pro circuit - $400
ABSOLUTE MINT CONDITION!
---------------------------------
a new provert for $2700
every one knows these specs
a imported bike through my mate from china with the best chinese stuff put on it (customized).
comes from same factory as provert $2000

go with the thumpstar if u want quality and trustworthy stuff or the proverts coz there prety sik to muck around on and race to dont get the chinese one

the chinese one i can get is made in same factory as the provert, and i can get better parts put on it than the provert.

i know the chinese bike ur talking about and i would go with that option as it is basically a provert without the decals. thats what id go for anyway.

Agree With NIGHT RIDER

The Chinese Parts If Your Gettin The Best, Will Piss On The Provert and Thumpstar.. All you pay for is a Brand. If You Get a Bike with the FAST ACE Suspension (Best From Taiwan) You will be Blown away.. STAGGS are Bringing these forks out shortly for 600USD!

lol...i hear where u are coming from.
the thumpstar is about a $6 or $7K bike, it's had all the upgrades to can get, it just hasnt had any engine work. think my bro wants to leave engine mods for a while to help reliability, can easy get a new engine from scottie anyway.
Bro is gonna get a thumpstar coz they are proven and have the best quality.

In my opinion these china knockoffs are about the best value available in Oz. http://cgi.ebay.com.au/NEW-2006-RED...ryZ32074QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem Blow Orions and Atomics off without trying. Same parts as in so called better name brand knockoffs. Lifan big valve 125. About 7-8 hp outa the box. Good base to build from down the track. This motor can be upgraded to develop big hp. Front suspension is fine after correct oil and volume is set, add better rear shock if you like. Cheap fun. If I had to choose of the three options I'd go no. 3 everytime. Except I'd get the best I could for $1200 and spend $8oo on motor.

1. That Aint The Lifan Big Valve 8HP engine
2. Its Shitty Steel Frame
3. Its Ebay
4. Looks Like it Comes from BSE Motorcycles, which is a good Manufacturer.
5. Forks are good.
6. Not The Best Available.

Lilscottie said:
1. That Aint The Lifan Big Valve 8HP engine
2. Its Shitty Steel Frame
3. Its Ebay
4. Looks Like it Comes from BSE Motorcycles, which is a good Manufacturer.
5. Forks are good.
6. Not The Best Available.
This motor has 27mm and 23mm valves, 54mm bore and 54mm stroke and a 78.5mm tall cylinder. My bike has the alloy frame and is basically same as the ssr 125's sold in US and also sold under many different names by dealers in Europe. Similar bike in US is $1000US+. Have a closer look. Dollar for dollar I still reckon its good value if you've only got a thou to spend.
cView attachment 16
BTW I'm looking for a 57mm stroke crank from 123cc Lifan to combine with 57mm piston for this motor, can anyone help?

Yeah I've checked out their site but it is hard to judge if parts will be suitable. They also have stopped sending to international buyers I think?

Im Getting someone to hook me up with parts from DrATV, if you need things let me know. Ordering a 147cc Kit shortly.

Yeah, good one... if we can get some local suppliers of chinese compatible hop up parts at reasonable cost we'll be making progress.

best upgrades.

1149640108565.png
[/url][/IMG]http://boostinductionsystems.com
hey, have you guys ever tried those booste bottles??
I just got one a lil while ago and was really skeptical but I put it on and it worked!! its freaking sick! I couldn't believe it! I mean a huge difference in performance dude! I hear a lot of people dont think they work but it actually does.
check it out!

people making money selling cans of thin air and a piece of garden hose...

Latest posts

Back