Whats Better?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wyld Fisher

Reaction score
G'day lads,

I have just noticed something. If I bought a CRF50 and I took off the triangler swingarm and put on a single swingarm how would I go putting the rear shock on? Also would you buy a bike like a PitPro, Motovert, TerraMoto etc or a crf50?

Well, My swingarm has these two things so you can bolt a shock onto it. I don't think you'd need to do anything besides get the swingarm and a shock then bolt it into place. Unless there is more, im probably just stupid.

I'd go for a CRF50, Although Hillz said this to me "You need to spend about 4 grand modding it until it gets good" or something. CRF50, would definitely have better quality parts than chinese bikes, but if you dont have the money to mod a crf50 I'd get a motovert or a 06 Thumpstar.

I would keep or buy a better triangle swingarm,

the triangle swingarms have less leverage on the shock, so you can run a softer spring, and require less damping, meaning the shock absorber can operate much more optimally, be more plush and more resistant to bottoming out.

this is especially useful if you plan to jump alot.

if you want to use a single swingarm, you'll need to change frames, in which case you might as well just spend the money on China Bike, which will have a more powerful motor and better suspension, as well as being a bit bigger and easier to ride.

not to knock the CRF50, bloody good bike.. incredibly reliable, but unless you have a pocket full of cash, your gonna get bored quickly.

Juls

Last edited:
I would keep or buy a better triangle swingarm,

the triangle swingarms have less leverage on the shock, so you can run a softer spring, and require less damping, meaning the shock absorber can operate much more optimally, be more plush and more resistant to bottoming out.

this is especially useful if you plan to jump alot.

if you want to use a single swingarm, you'll need to change frames, in which case you might as well just spend the money on China Bike, which will have a more powerful motor and better suspension, as well as being a bit bigger and easier to ride.

not to knock the CRF50, bloody good bike.. incredibly reliable, but unless you have a pocket full of cash, your gonna get bored quickly.

Juls
Couldn't you just change the shocks mounting point instead of changing the frame?

You can get a bolt on adaptor to change the spring mount (a bloke I know has one on his CRF50) on the stock frame if you really want a mone swinga. I would stay with a tri if it was mine.

Latest posts

Back