whats faster

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

M2R

Reaction score
hey whats faster kx65 or a mso 125cc

:) thanks

lol u dont need skill to hold it flat haha

but a kx65 would eat any 125,140 and some 150cc for dead

yeah depends like what mittz said but if you got on a mso 125 and then got on a kx65 you will feel that the kx is quicker they also have powerband and ounce that kicks in you feel it take off:D

are u sur that the 65 has powerband

kx65 all day long, look up the power numbers of each and think about it, you might have a slight advantage around a loamy track on the 125 but i still think with that the same person on both bikes the kx65 will pull faster times every time

kx65 would absolutely kill a china. no doubt about it. you hit powerband on a 2 stroke and ohh hold on.

dont be so sure about this fellas

the top speed of a kx 65 depending on weight is 50-57mph around that mark 57mph = 92kph
brady hit the world record ramp at 96kph on his vert pro with the yx150 in it

yes i will admit the kx will get there faster well it should get there faster and an mso 125 will have no hope
but i cant see a kx pulling my fat ass over a jump
but the landind would be pretty good

here's the site i got the speed of the kx from i dont know how sound it is but it will give you an idea
WikiAnswers - About how fast does a kawasaki kx65 go

go the china i reckon

Last edited:
this guy tryin to sell me a bike was saying that the motor in it i think it was a gpx 150 was faster than a ktm 85 which i really dought

if its a stock yx/gpx 150 no way in hell it would be faster then the 85 but those engine have ALOT of protensial with the right head etc etc

are u sur that the 65 has powerband

Dude my brother had a KTM65sx and it carried me around (im 22yrs old and 80kg)

Not only did it carry my weight it F***N flew. that bike is insane. and i ride a CR250 on semi pro level. If the KTM65sx is like a KX65 no 125 4stroke would come close. at all.

A 2 stroke MX bike will have a much higher acceleration rate than a 4stroke china bike or any 4stroke under 140cc (non motocross). It may not have a faster top speed with the stock gearing as MX bikes are designed for close circuit tracks and bottom end power is essential to provide snappy acceleration to keep ahead of the pack. But if you put a smaller sprocket on the rear or a larger on the front a KX65 would blitz a 120cc 4stroke. With all this in mind please understand that a motocross bike going full throttle in 6th gear on a straight will potentially blow the engine up as MX bikes are made for an ‘on and off the throttle’ riding style. It is for this reason that 4stroke machines are commonly found on the road as opposed to two strokes. So in summation, if you want a race bike that is loud, aggressive and has a high top end with raging power-band then a 2stroke 65cc MX bike is the go. If you want predictable, tangible and linear power that can sustain flat out riding in top gear for a prolonged period of time then a 4stroke is the way to go.

I got a Yamaha DT200 95 model,some people say they have and dont have powerband, one of the blokes at Yamaha said it does but doesnt hit on hard.

Would agree with him that it does have a small powerband but nothing major you can feel it kick in just not hard but it feels good.

Maybe the newer ones dont have it at all as the newer ones are a more farm bike with the older ones they are more id say enduro.

Latest posts

Back