Whats the best 420 pitch chain?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rodney68

Reaction score
Hi Guys, just wondering what are your opinions on which 420 pitch non oring chain is best. The boys race bike is just about due for a new chain and sprockets i've been using a DID ER 420NZ3 gold chain on it. Im not 100% happy with it throughout the life of this chain i have been continuely tightening this chain. I use the same sort of chain and brand on my bike and i have to do the same on that one also. The chains are serviced well, cleaned and oiled with Castrol chain oil after every ride. So was wondering what chains you guys recommend.

I have just bought one of the same NZ3 black and gold DID chains for a 150yx, hope it doesnt have crazy stretch, what about these.
rk-gb420mxz.jpg

$T2eC16NHJGYE9noohZmvBQq(4SkOLQ~~60_3.JPG

I dont have any experience or advice on them sorry mate, but if ya not happy with the DID these would be the next brands i would try.

Renthal R1 works ...excellent chain i had next to no stretch at all

The stock kmc crap on my LXR is wrecked ... stretched to the point where ive started cutting out links to keep it within the adjustment range on the swinger

any of the above brands is good

try get 420H chain

the H fondly enough stands for heavy duty it has thicker side plates same pitch same roller width,

i use RK 420h chain on mine and get really good life out of it compared to the standard

i use the RK chain on my 450 as well and again i get very good life out of that

Latest posts

Back