Whats wrong wit my bike? Help!

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

puzey125

Reaction score
hi guys i have bought a puzey 125cc and when i go flat out in any gear it keeps on cutting out then cutting bak in? whats the go? when im going slow the bike runs a1 but just when u get up into the higher revs?

umm thinkin it could be needle in the carby or maybe valves, ur choke off? cause i know my bike does this as my choke comes on by itself sometimes and it cuts in and out at high revs, i now hold it open with a rubber band :p

yeah choke stays off. dunno if it would be valves its a brand new bike. i run in it properly 2 tanks off fuel and changed oil it was going fine when i took it out and rode for bout n hour then it startd.

it doesn't matter if the bikes new, these engines need the valve checked on a regular basis, especially when it's being run in, I ran a tank through my bike and it started running like shit so I checked the valves and I had lost all clearance on the inlet valve

im saying its the fuel delivery. at high rpm you use more fuel than the lines can deliver... cure? pull the tap out of the tank...take off the poxy lil filters there. replace tap. then use a "hi-flow" inline filter after the tap. and maybe, very carefully, adjust the carbie floats so that the fuels a little higher in the bowl. check fuel lines arent kinked or pinched.

and valve clearance? 4 thou, or 0.004 is pretty normal. or about 0.1 mm... two sheets of paper roughly.

This happened to my bike...Had water in the fuel and carby..just drained it and it ran all good :D

but when i got the bike it was running fine first ride i had after about n hour it started an i didn ride n e where close to water... could there have been water in the fuel when i bought it?

yeh my bikes doin the same thing, ive cleaned my carby and everythin gona do the valves soon..

its all go anyways. taking it to a bike shop tuesday

Latest posts

Back