Whats wrong with my gears and electric start???

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
to change a selector fork is a dificult job for someone who hasnt worked on a gearbox before to get to it you have to split the centre cases of the gearbox thats why no crf here sugested a new motor and I'd agree with him but when your at the point of nothing to loose I'd have a go the very least that will happen is you will learn a bit about the motors and gearboxes the key with working with gearboxes is to be totaly meticulous and note where every little componant comes from and it's position take notes as you strip motor this will hopefully minimise mistakes or guessing when you reassemble it.
hope this helps

Saber

You don't actually have to split the center cases , You just have to pull the clutch cover/clutch basket/primary drive gear/selector star spring/then you pull the selector out and reverse procedure. If you can still get neutral but not 1st and 2nd then it isn't selector fork then means that you simoutaniously have 1st and 2nd gear issues or you have a problem with your main drive, Both mean splitting the cases witch is a hassle and it will probably cost you more to get gaskets and gearset then it will to buy a new engine

thats cool it's easyer than spliting cases to find out if its the selector fork
I stand corected thanx for that tardterror:)

Saber

Latest posts

Back