Whats wrong with my gears???

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crazy-latin-steven

Reaction score
Hey i have a 125cc orion(1n234) my gears dont work properly at all if i click into gear 1 it just goes back to neutral. so i have to click it straight up and it dosnt go into gear 2 it goes into gear 3 because if i click it up again it goes into gear 4 and dosnt go up anymore. So gear 1 and 2 dont work but 3 and 4 do but sometimes gear 3 dont work either. Anyway while its in neutral it makes a clicking noise from around the front sprocket. What could be the problem please help???:confused: :confused: :confused: :)

The gears in the gear box are worn and when not under load they slide out of gear, thats a big job you need to split the case to change the gears and idlers
Atomik sell gears, and gasket kits
Easiest is to throw another motor in, ebay range from $180-$250 delivered

could also just be the roller on the star cam has come off. had the same prob with my Ji-Pin (lifan knock off)

gear

Every time i go to start my dhz 140cc it starts but when i go to click into gear the fing dosent move
:) neeeed help plezz

i may not know much but sounds like ur clutch to me
does it make any noises

Yer this is an old thread. But yer never got round to fixing it i just ride it in 3rd and 4th lol. Might buy a new engine soon. And no the chain aint off how dumb u think i am. Maybe it is my clutch tho coz i opend up a new thread recently different problem but they are saying its the clutch. Same engine. Im gonna replace the clutch.
Does anyone know where i can get them from?(its a 125cc ducar engine)

Latest posts

Back