Whats wrong with my ride???

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
zaCS is doing similar to this jonny

i got a new magneto for it installed it seems the same ?
i changed out plugs cdi carbie still the same ?

think ill change out motor next and see if that fix's it

Yea Jono, Had this problem....Found it to be the little metal plugs inside the plastic plug that goes to ya CDI.They had coroded and started to fall to bits.Went to auto elec,got a new plug{the plastic 1}and a bunch of little brass plugs to go inside.No drama since..............

mines doing similar but at idle it trys to stall and when i give it revs to stop it stalling it coughs and splutters?

when its revving does it feel like its missing your is it more of a comftable vavle bounce somewhere or something..

my mate kinda had the same problem.. not quiet the same though... hit like a limiter or bounced on the vavle at like about 3 grand :p was funny as!! was litularlly un ride able, youd give it some gas and hit like a limie haha but it was a problem with his timing as him and another mate didnt put the cam wheel and cam chain back on in the right spot, engine was but done its day anyway so he got a new one..

but yeh maybe check your timing and see how you go =)

Thanks guys for your help so far. I have cleaned out the carby and swoped a few electricol parts from Haydens pitbike but still no luck. I agree with darb about the timing being out. Gunna try that in the morning,

Yea Jono, Had this problem....Found it to be the little metal plugs inside the plastic plug that goes to ya CDI.They had coroded and started to fall to bits.Went to auto elec,got a new plug{the plastic 1}and a bunch of little brass plugs to go inside.No drama since..............
Hmmm, I will have a look at that as well. Thanks stick.

also what my mates bike was doing and now my brothers bike is doing it is runnig rough like that, almost as if its a carbie problem and starting to blow shit loads of smoke.... so i think for those two engines the vavle seals were/are bout done there dash and need changing and maybe your vavles are had it..

dunno, i wish i was a merchanic :p

if ya running inner rotor its that
if not ur cdi is cactus

Latest posts

Back