wheel bearings

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dirttau

Reaction score
hi
my bike is set up for a 12 mm axles and the rear wheel i have brought has 15 mm bearings in them can i just change them to to suit my 12mm axcle

theres a thread like this somewhere, and i think the end result was a NO.... roost666 should know, anyway....

BUT!!!! there is the option of having "bushes" made up to suit the bearings/axle, OR!!!! change axle(then you get swingarm issues:p)

have a search of cbc, or nsk etc....should have all standard bearing sizes listed on there sites... with measurements. at a rough guess, you want 30 OD x 12 ID x 10mm.... thats about standard for wheel bearings(isnt it? i havent touched any in ages:eek:)

na you cant just swap the bearings out because the OD of the 12mm bearings is smaller than the OD of the 15mm bearings, like headmess suggested you can try making up some bushes or buy another hub that will suit the 12mm axle

man 12mm axles fold like deckchairs ... wouldn't he be better off trying to make it 15mm ?

man 12mm axles fold like deckchairs ... wouldn't he be better off trying to make it 15mm ?

he would need to do some work on his swinga to accommodate the 15mm axle, cheapest option he has would be to go with some bushes and get a high tensile axle bolt

i sort of have an idear what OD and ID mean but not 100% sure..can some one tell me what they mean??

i think OD= outer diameter
and ID= inner diameter

????

so headmess's 30OD x 12 IDx 10mm would be 30 outter dia x 12 inner x 10mm thick??

Last edited:
yep, yep and yep, except i just reeled off numbers...that size doesnt necessarily exist...im not a bearing salesman....

yeah ya got no luck there the 12mm axle is old technology and no ya cant get a 12mm id in a 35mm od to suit your new hubs

your best be would be to drill out your swing arm and brakes to suit the 15mm axle

shouldn't be to hard but you should be able to do it on a drill press any engineer would do it for a six pack

i had a cini 110 a-style swinger drilled out to fit a 15mm axle . it held up fine.. didnt take to much abuse tho

klx axles are skinny as Sh*t! and there tough as nails! i swear my ones are smaller then 10m!!

Latest posts

Back