Wheelies help !

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Harkin7

Reaction score
hey fellas, ive been riding my pitpro 125 RR for a while now (3 months ish) and now want to know how to pop up the front tire, I know it's got to do with the clutch, but I'm really not sure, can anyone help me ?

you dont have to use the clutch. its all about finding that perfect seating position and the sweet spot in the rev range (peak torque) and just giving the throttle a blip after a while you will slowly adjust how you sit and you will get it.Alsp giving a little bounce on the seat at the same time can help.

using the clutch is the other way to do it but i find unreliable as sometimes it'll pop up to much and other times itll do nothing.
in the end its all about how you feel comfortable and confident in doing it.

i could write 1000 word describing how to do a mono... but in the end i learnt it myself and you will probably get less hurt if you just try and learn it yourself.

[video=youtube;UhGKNktdj2k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UhGKNktdj2k[/video]
Plenty of these sort of clips on Utoob, this ones a good start point then keep watching through all the related stuff, then practice pratice and more practice ;)

I started out on a YZ but same principle.

Learn how to get the front wheel up, 2nd gear back on the seat a bit and let your toes drag behind you. Give it some clutch and control it with your throttle.

Once you are confident on that try with feet up, this should give you an idea of where you need to shift yourself on the seat and how much poke you need to get the wheel up.

Same with anything, practice practice practice and practice some more :D

Personally I would avoid toe-dragging initially, you'll get good at wheelies with toes but then have to adjust everything and re-learn sitting position etc when you go to normal wheelies. That's just my opinion though :)

One important thing that people forget to mention is it really helps once you've got the front wheel off the ground to have your arms straight (extended so that you're leaning right back over the back tyre). That one tip helped me a lot initially.

I did it to get a feel for the wheel coming up, once got that covered was feet up after that and a mix of brake/throttle to balance it.

thanks guys by the looks of things I've got a fair bit of practice ahead of me

Need a honda for wheelies they do them the best.. as you can see here i dont even need to use my feet and only need one hand

barbs1.jpg

Some things to notice from this photo:
-See how far back eichkay is sitting in this pic? Sitting further back helps a lot
- Right arm is pretty much straight (don't suck the bars into your chest and try and wheelie, lean right back)
- Body size will also effect how hard/easy it is to wheelie. If you're a little skinny guy you will probably have to sit back a bit further to have the same effect

it all depends, sitting back gives you good balance but not very good angle.. sitting up high on the seat will give you awesome angle but harder to balance...

then you have stand ups, which is a whole new ball game...

389522_369973193089462_1762319321_n.jpg

Hey Hillz, when you said sitting back doesn't give you a good angle, what do you mean? As in it doesn't look that good or it's harder to control? I'm not having a go, I'm interested to learn :)

I think he means angle of the bike the closer to the tank the more vertical you get your bike!
Youtube Jordan Ponomareff = wheelie king!! Well one of em anyway's

Last edited:
I think he means angle of the bike the closer to the tank the more vertical you get your bike!

he's on the money, the closer you are to the tank the easier is to get it vertical & not have the bike want to flip back, on a 50.. big bike is a bit different

Last edited:
Oh yeah I get what you're saying. I have a hard enough time getting the front wheel up on my stock 50 so sitting as far back as possible has become natural to me :)

Latest posts

Back