Wheelies

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

short.y

Reaction score
Hey Guys
Might be a stupid question,but wont learn if i dont ask.
Ive been doing mono's lately but cant keep them up for long.
Im in 2nd gear, clutch, rev, dump and up i go, but cant keep it up for too long?
Am i doing sumthin wrong?
Any help would be good.
Thanks.

im one of the riders who doesnt use the clutch to pop wheelies, i use the power to flick mine up and just control the revs (in 2nd) but once the speed starts keepin up with the revs i drop i last for round 10-20m on average, im right with balance as im a pro on the pushies doin them :p how far do u go? Its probably normal.

its all about balance not power , lean back , cover the rear brake at all times , oh yea and 1 last tip ,COVER THE REAR BRAKE AT ALL TIMES

Soo you don't have to learn the hard way 'COVER THE REAR BRAKE AT ALL TIMES '

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/p66cKvlDpxY&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/p66cKvlDpxY&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I DON'T HAVE BACK BRAKES! ...lols

^^^^^pwned!!!!!!

if u wanna pull good wheelies, u need to fit an EDC chip. Mrbrnz is now selling the EDC MK II... *giggle*

try practicing them uphill, its a bit easier :)

i cant wheelie for sh*t on motos, but on my pushbike im pretty decent.

all i can say is pop the front wheel up and try to keep your arms straight so your body is really hanging over the back.

like they say though practice makes perfect :)

thanks for the help.
I can do them for about 5meters haha. Sometimes i can get them up high, sumtimes only jst off the ground.

Someone wanna share their technique to mastering the wheelieeeee?
e.g. how much power..how many revs or watever whilst clutch in, how much power just before pulling the clutch in, how to balence correctly, throttle whilst up etc.

cheers

Last edited:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/p66cKvlDpxY&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/p66cKvlDpxY&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

WOW!:eek: how'd u and the bike end up?

I did that to no_crf50_here right when a car drove past :eek: haha

I lean back rev and pull at the same time then just balance. I get about 10-15m on average. pratctice makes perfect though:)

Pretty much like a bike, when you go for the down stock you pull back.

try seat bounce + tiny clutch dump in 2nd, then yank the kant back heaps then drop revs just a bit when u get to that point where u sh1t yourself. then balance i guess. Im still practicing too, i cant keep them up yet.
Also dont change gear when in a mono unless youre ready for it! it will flip u good lol.

I suck at slow wheelies and I got problems using my back brake for some reason, I can do Hi-speed power wheelies on my CR500 and XR650 with ease, half a mile is no problem, but It's dangerous..

I flipped my Cr500 doing a 5th gear wheelie a few weeks ago, that hurt and scared the crap out of me...

my friend had a nice experience with his 200cc quad yesterday, tried to drive up a hillclimb part of our track thats basically a big mud wall, wheelied up it and you can guess where it went from here, quad landed on him, engine on his head, nice big slash on his shoulder and neck and elbow all cut up and leg cut up and most of all his price has been flushed away. Quad now up for sale. haha

<EMBED height=344 type=application/x-shockwave-flash width=425 src=http://www.youtube.com/v/p66cKvlDpxY&hl=en&fs=1& allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always"></EMBED>

bah hahahahahahahahahaha

i did the same thing at Motard once, stupid moto boots & 50's dont mix

pure power gets my bike up so i have never had to jump the clutch and what not, wouldnt beable to tell you how much power and revs to put on your* bike since we dont know how much power your bike has.
Second gear on mine revs out to fast and i cant keep it up for long so i use 3rd gear which i can keep up for a good 20-30m since it doesnt rev out as easy, but go with Atomik riders suggestion and try controlling the revs, if the front end feels as if it is dropping, give it a little more, if it feels like it is rasing to high and about to flip, back it off a bit or tap rear breaks if necessary,

use third gear an no clutch u fuk ur g/box poppin the clutch 3rd with a bit of speed the back off a bit then gas on with a slight tug up an away you go .... i get maybe round 100 150 meters then 3rd runs out of power.... try it that way its easy

Latest posts

Back