Where can i buy a new 125cc motor ?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mjc85

Reaction score
I need a new motor for my orion as my ducar is fucked beyond repair, i won't go into whats wrong with it.

I would like a better quality motor than the ducar, maybe a lifan or GPX ?

Will a lifan or GPX fit in place of the ducar?

No its not fixable, there is a hole in the crank case. Motor is fucked, i could weld it but i'm sick of ducar shit so i'd rather spend $200-300 on a new motor that is better quality.

There is 125cc lifans on egay selling for $255.

I can get a Jialing 138cc for $600 or a Lifan Big valve monster engine for $450. Does anyone know much about the jialing 138cc ? are they any good ?

Why does that matter ?

But anyways, i can get the 125cc big valve from lilscottie for $450 or the jialing 138cc for $600 from a guy that sells on ebay (will have stock in about 4 weeks).

I just rang my local store, they have mojo engines (ones in provert and motovert) for $600 and lifan 5 speed for $499, are these good ?

i asked who u are buying it from for warranty reasons (u've just had problems with your bike, im thinking u dont want more problems with a motor)
5 speed for $499, pretty sure only Takegawa do a 5speed kit at it costs about $1600.
I'd suggest go the big valve or mojo engine, but make sure it has the 4up gear box.

No-Fear said:
i asked who u are buying it from for warranty reasons (u've just had problems with your bike, im thinking u dont want more problems with a motor)
5 speed for $499, pretty sure only Takegawa do a 5speed kit at it costs about $1600.
I'd suggest go the big valve or mojo engine, but make sure it has the 4up gear box.

So you don't reckon the 138cc jialing is worth considering ? Would this have the most power ?

Yeh the guy selling them reckons they have quite a bit more poke than the 125cc he reckons he almost flipped it in 3rd gear. It should bolt straight inplace of the ducar right ? And do you think the exhaust i have already will fit ? And jialing are good motors, same as gpx arent they ?

yes good motors, will bolt right in as it's a chinese engine and they all use the same mounting points, exhaust will also fit, since it's a big bore engine, i'd suggest you get a big bore pipe to let the bigger engine breath.

No-Fear said:
yes good motors, will bolt right in as it's a chinese engine and they all use the same mounting points, exhaust will also fit, since it's a big bore engine, i'd suggest you get a big bore pipe to let the bigger engine breath.

Ok, where can i get one of these from ? Also will i need to rejet my mikuni 26mm ?

if u go for the bigger engine, yes u will need to re-jet ya carby to match the bigger cc engine, just need to go up a size on the jets. Sometimes you get lucky and it could be perfect how it is.

jialing

If you know are great motors . They build for the Japanese boys.Im in the industry in so cant tell you who..

You want a no bull shit amazing engine go to Zongshen

http://www.elstars.com.au/parts_accessories.php?cat=parts&sub=engines

And they are doing them around $300 ATM..

Ducar are Ok but have problems with the bottom end as you can see here

http://www.chinesemotorbikezone.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8

Some great pics above you can see..

Lifan has different levels of quality ranging from 6-10 depending on the specs ordered by the Australian supplier .... Dont be fooled into thinking they are all good....Trust me i have seen more than 10,000 motors and fly to chain 2 a year to purchase...

But go with your gut feeling and make sure there is support ...ie you can go and check the motor b4 buying it....

Agghhh the Mikuni hehe...you can get Jets for them...Although some bad new the majority of the ones in Australia are a fake ...Sorry they look real they are 25.5mm but I had a chat with the boys in the states and ..sorry not the real deal...

Good luck my friend listen to your self .Where there is smoke there is fire

Dont worry too much about the pipe ..Most of the ones in the bikes are already straight through ones any way...

You will not gain much there....

Save your money for a good carby...

every one should know that the mikuni carby's are not real, they are just a nother chinese copy. still all good tho

Latest posts

Back