Where to put the fuel filter?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dozza

Reaction score
I've been told where it goes in another thread of mine but I'm just making sure now because I don't want to stuff it up.

I have it circled in red where I think it goes.

1. Is that the right spot?
2. Do I just cut the hose and put the filter in and that's it?
3. Where is the best part of the hose to put it?
4. The filter has an arrow that says "flow". I take it I put it the way the flow goes through the hose according to which way the arrow is pointing?

Cheers.

Last edited by a moderator:
cut the fuel hose about half way up the straight section in marked pic, fit the filter with the arrow facing up as this is the direction of fuel flow from the tank. also use screw clamps or cable ties to both ends of your filter.

Cool thanks. Would I also be able to use a bit of gaffa tape or something instead of cable ties or not?

Mate onestly you dont even need ties, The standard fuel lines shrink once you run petrol through them.

Any sort of tape on a fuel line is a waste of time. If it is going to leak, the fuel will kill the glue on the tape anyway.

make sure the fuel lines dont kink, i replaced the lines on my pitpro with some decent hose before i even started it because they were so tight it was kinking... then i put a fuel filter in later on, but if your doing it now leave lotsa slack on the hose so she dont kink

plus it is very wise to use atleast some cable ties at all 4 points, as we know rubber fuel hose does crack.

Latest posts

Back