which bike to get 140xr pit pro or mso 140sr

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bds2710

Reaction score
hi looking at getting a mid bike just up in arms on which one what to get like them both of them there both look hot just what do you think ?
all info and knowledge helps me out
cheers

Gday,

I Have a Pitpro 140XR and I am pretty new to Pitbikes and dont know about the MSO's but The 140XR seems to be a pretty good bike. They go for $700-$1000 on the ebay auctions and are pretty good value for money. They have a few standard probs like a leaky fuel tap and I had a dodgy plug in mine from new which caused rough running until it was replaced. Apart from that good power and the engine I believe has a pretty good track record if you look after it. The frame looks strong and the suspension is pretty good for what you pay. Pretty much cant go too far wrong with one of these for the cash I reckon.

Go the mso young man, you get better components on the Mso and its got fully adjustable front and rear with billet stuff and cnc. Pit pro are good too but by the time you spend a few bucks here and there to bring it up to spec, you may as well buy the mso.
Check these out before you buy anything www.pimpitindustries.com.au
mso has dnm rear as pit pro has fastace rear and mso has better brakes with bigger diameter disc rotors for better stopping. Happy hunting young man

Last edited:
Mso Sr Mso Sr Mso Sr Mso Sr Its A 900 Bike Compared To A 2500 Bike Not Much Comparisin

Some key diffs:
Forks! MSOs work surprisingly good once re-oiled correctly and setup.
Shock.
Frame: The SR is mid-sized. Stronger in the SR maybe. The SR handles quite nicely once the suspension and steering is set correctly for you.
Exhaust and muffler.
Footpegs.

I know nothing about the XR's wheels, carb, throttle, brakes or swing arm. So cannot compare them for you.

Very different bikes based on the suspension and frame alone. Substantially different price. The answer depends on what you expect from your pit bike. If you care about handling then the SR is worth a look at.

See also: http://www.miniriders.com.au/forum/minibike-reviews/14605-pitpro-140xr-reviews.html#post153457

Last edited:
hey numroe what have you done to yours ?
Lot's of little things. eg:

Re-greased head stem and rear susp, rim locks in both wheels, tensioned spokes, trimmed long spokes to protect inner tubes, loctite everything that needs it, fresh brake fluid, adjust front brake master cyl, correct len SS bolts on swing arm and shock ends, mudflap over rear shock, diff tyres, fork service (flush out old fork oil with 5wt, then 285ml of 7.5wt motorex oil), shock re-oil and gas, 800 lbs/inch rear spring, dialed in rear sag and clickers, oko26 carb (raised float level a bit, main=K102, slow=K38, needle=1richer than mid), intake snorkle with 60mm ID dual layer unifilter (80mm OD), plastic fuel cap, 39T rear sprocket, fuelstar TM-VC in tank, neo-mag oil drain plug, alum slinger, Akunar ignition coil, heads mods: Akunar valves, springs, A1 cam. Dremel piston crown for intake valve, matched inlet ports/manifold, smooth uglies out of head ports.

To-do: Another front tyre (eg, Pirelli scorp or M401), clutch upgrades, better oil cooler maybe, tougher rocker arms, Lifan150 maybe (if cyl head is the same), firmer seat foam.

The bike rips. It can be ridden pretty fast on snotty terrain. The front tyre and the clutch (slipping under power) are the current weak points.

See also:
http://www.miniriders.com.au/forum/tech-talk/15880-most-effective-mods-lifan-140-a.html#post161017
http://www.miniriders.com.au/forum/tech-talk/15882-air-intake-snorkle-2.html#post161225
http://www.miniriders.com.au/forum/tech-talk/15882-air-intake-snorkle.html#post148241

Last edited:
if i go with the mso which is more then likely i will do most the mods you have done apart from motor mods just yet and i might hae to call on you to talk me though them
thanks for all Brendon

if i go with the mso which is more then likely i will do most the mods you have done apart from motor mods just yet and i might have to call on you to talk me though them
thanks for all Brendon

Latest posts

Back