Which Bike?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 14796

Reaction score
Hey guys,
been looking around the forum and learning a bit about all this.
I'm looking for a new bike, I currently own a Yamaha TTR90 (Got it 5 year ago as a birthday present) and I'm looking to upgrade to about a 140-60cc bike for around $1500/1750 - May go up or down if there is a very good bike.
I've looked at the PitPro's which look quite nice but I've heard the DHZ bikes out run them in quality of parts and performance. After a good recommendation from some biking experts like yourselves so thanks again.

Hey man welcome to the forums Ive u have the money I would look at the ttr 155z revmx it's meant to be a really good bike or the new crf70 style dhz 160r outlaw both are good bikes

Hey man welcome to the forums Ive u have the money I would look at the ttr 155z revmx it's meant to be a really good bike or the new crf70 style dhz 160r outlaw both are good bikes
Are there any websites I can view either of these bikes, I keep hearing them but can't find them anywhere.

For that money you could get a nice rm125 or cr125 in the high 90's...

How old are you mate? What height aswell?

For that money you could get a nice rm125 or cr125 in the high 90's...

How old are you mate? What height aswell?
17 and around 212cm - I'm Hercules.

well 173cm give or take.

is the RMX 155Z more of a race bike than a bush bike because i'm more of a bush rider, and would that make you change your recommendation at all?

The Revmx 155 is suitable for both, and possibly the better bush bike than the DHZ, owing to the linkage rear... not sure what gear ratios the DHZ has, but i'd say it would be the same, given it's the same engine...
The Revmx is lower and longer in wheelbase than the DHZ *appears* to be, so would theoretically be more stable at higher speed, which will also be emphasized by the linkage rear on the Revmx...
Hopefully someone buys one of the new DHZ 160 and does a review on it.. until then, we can only go off pics and specs..

The Revmx 155 is suitable for both, and possibly the better bush bike than the DHZ, owing to the linkage rear... not sure what gear ratios the DHZ has, but i'd say it would be the same, given it's the same engine...
The Revmx is lower and longer in wheelbase than the DHZ *appears* to be, so would theoretically be more stable at higher speed, which will also be emphasized by the linkage rear on the Revmx...
Hopefully someone buys one of the new DHZ 160 and does a review on it.. until then, we can only go off pics and specs..

Ah sweet, the bike sounds so jet honestly cannot wait to get it. Also where are some good places or websites to get replacement vinyls or sticker kits?

for which bike? the DHZ or the Revmx? The DHZ running CRF70 style plastics, you can find sticker kits on JR Motorsports out of china on ebay, but the TTR style RevMX is a bit trickier, as i havent seen any kits for them.. Woggy got some nice ones made up for his pitster pro, but i reckon you could cut down 06-09 YZF yamaha sticker kits and get them to fit. :)

for which bike? the DHZ or the Revmx? The DHZ running CRF70 style plastics, you can find sticker kits on JR Motorsports out of china on ebay, but the TTR style RevMX is a bit trickier, as i havent seen any kits for them.. Woggy got some nice ones made up for his pitster pro, but i reckon you could cut down 06-09 YZF yamaha sticker kits and get them to fit. :)
Yeah i was wondering for the RMX but sounds like it's going to be a slight hassle, I might just worry about the other parts first and then get sticker kits when others have modded theirs well, after the bike gets more use.

Thanks.

Just had a good look through it, Very welldone mate you've covered all area's and your RevMX bike should last a lifetime if you use those methods. Let me know when you want to grab yours! :D

Just had a good look through it, Very welldone mate you've covered all area's and your RevMX bike should last a lifetime if you use those methods. Let me know when you want to grab yours! :D

Thanks very much, can't wait for my bike to sell and get one. Also are there any perfect size vinyls for the bike or do i have to get cut down ones? As thump said I may be able to get the YZF one's done, i'm looking at these ones AMR GRAPHICS KIT YAMAHA WR YZ YZF 400 426 125 450 250 R: eBay Motors (item 200475807750 end time Jun-23-10 00:34:18 PDT)
but thinking if it gets cut down I might loose a bit of the shark :D

You can get custom TTR graphics made, A few of the boys on here did and they look awesome. As Thump said i'm sure you can cut those ones down a bit, you might look a bit of the shark but it will still look wicked! Speak to Woggy about it, he got an awesome set of TTR graphics for his Pitsterpro

Latest posts

Back