Which Bike?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fenton

Reaction score
I know this question has probably been asked too much, and this might even be in the wrong place.

Ive been looking into getting a Pit Bike for a while now and my dad is interested also, we are unsure in which brand to get, we want quality and something that will be fairly fast but dont have to pay an arm or a leg for it,

any help cheers, nick :cool:

I know this question has probably been asked too much, and this might even be in the wrong place.

Ive been looking into getting a Pit Bike for a while now and my dad is interested also, we are unsure in which brand to get, we want quality and something that will be fairly fast but dont have to pay an arm or a leg for it,

any help cheers, nick :cool:

What do you define as an arm and a leg? (how much?) pit bikes range in price from $300 - $3800+ in standard form, what are you prepared to pay?

how much would u b lookin at spending. u can get orions an atomiks for under a grand on ebay and some of there bikes r pretty good. u would b lookin at 2 g's upwards 4 a thumpy or motovert

I'm in the same boat!
what should we be looking for in the orion or atomix?
I have read about the billet? stuff..
I'm 186cm and 90kgs too!!

Hmm i check out PitPro or DHZ bikes on ebay, they are similar and probably the better bikes available on ebay.

im getting a dhz delivered to mine tomorrow and ill teel ya wat its like i got it for $622 off ebay and there ment to be pretty good thats wot i heard or have a look at the pit pros there pretty much the exact same aye

Max about 3 grand, Ive been looking at the thumpstar superhunge10 and they seem to fit the bill alrite, is a 110 powerful? im about 65 kilo

Don't get a 110, they are a bitch to work on apparently.

If you are looking for a smaller wheeled mini try the motovert expert http://www.mojomotorcycles.com.au/expert.php

It is 125cc and they go pretty good. Best bike you will get under $3k, they are about $2999. I'm buying one next week

if you go to any mini mx race meet and look around at al the china bikes you wont see any orions agb`s atomics or any other shatbox off ebay. Why is that i wonder? seems pretty bloody simple to me, if ya gunna buy china get a real brand like thumpy, pitty, mojo or somthin like that

yea dude.. orions are awsome for the rider who treats his stuff with heaps of respect and doesnt thrash it over big jumps or rev the shit out of it, but all that pussy footing around gets realy boring after a while and soon enough your going to want to take it to the next notch. first decent jump i did on my orion i bent the frame, my friend owns a thumpstar 25hunge and does shit double as big as wat i was doing and has no problems, im saving up for a good bike now.

so dont get a 110? I would prefer to buy Thumpstar as I can get parts quick and easy here, and the brand seems good,

Im just looking at the mojoverts now, mmm yer, i dunno if i wonna spend 3 grand or not, still pretty confused what I want.

Don't get a 110cc, only 125cc. And if you buy an ebay bike expect many things to be broken or not working on delivery.

Fenton,

I was in exactly the same position as you about 2 weeks ago, I had about $2500 to spend and I considered all the bikes on ebay and the older Thumpsters and Mojo's, but I now going to get a Braaap Pro 125, for $2400 there well made and an Australian owned company. The bike has a 124cc Lifan motor, USD forks and a whole lot of Alloy parts for strength. 14" front wheel, 12" rear wheel and a cool rear alloy swingarm. Check out the website www.braaap.com.au

I strongly sugest the older thumpstars i have an 04 hunge10 and its absaloutly bullettproof! i thrash the shit out of it and it keeps going!!
Picture049.jpg

you can get one thats in heaps better condition than mine for abot 800-900 hundred bucks!

I doubt I am going to buy off ebay, Ive never really been fussed about buying bikes off ebay, cant trust people. So thats why I'm prolly gonna go thumpstar.

I want one of these coz it's still CRF50 size and easy to big bore for racing.

Attachments

• 110main_car.jpg
    110main_car.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 10
Fenton,

I was in exactly the same position as you about 2 weeks ago, I had about $2500 to spend and I considered all the bikes on ebay and the older Thumpsters and Mojo's, but I now going to get a Braaap Pro 125, for $2400 there well made and an Australian owned company. The bike has a 124cc Lifan motor, USD forks and a whole lot of Alloy parts for strength. 14" front wheel, 12" rear wheel and a cool rear alloy swingarm. Check out the website www.braaap.com.au

$2400 for a BSE bike, the Braaap Pro wouldn't be more than $280USD wholesale, if the Exhaust is a real "Procircuit T4" then the exhaust is worth as much as the bike. The bike has only got a hollow single tube frame, and not even sure what brand suspension is on that thing

If you gonna spend that much save another $500-600 and get a motovert or thumpstar as these bikes are tried and tested.

Latest posts

Back