which engines go with what,thanks...

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aussiemonster

Reaction score
g'day lads and ladies.
dave here from perth,present bikes modified ducati 1000 monster and a road tracer 50($1595 drive away on road) ,its a road registered mini bike ,really a scooter without the bodywork,a 2 stroke,no gears just wind it on and away you go,i got it to get my boys started on riding,well it didn't take long at all so now i want to move them (and me) on to something with gears etc.they are late teens so the stuff i see in here looks just right.

i've researched on this site and its very informative.
i want to make sure i am clear on some things.

just concerning the chinese stuff,which is what im looking at,is the following correct
terra moto
pitster pro
use a jailing engine?

pit pro
motovert
use a lifan or ducar engine?

are the terra moto and pitster pro more top end of the market with better components etc,followed by others.
my main concern is the engine and gearbox reliability,thats it.the bike i get will not be jumping just riding around off road.i will push it a bit but ive been road riding for 30 yrs,so am very average off road,so the suspension and wheels wont be getting challenged.

so on engine and gearbox reliability what in order best to worst in your people's opinion.i'm looking at the 125cc to 140cc size.cheers

from best to worst
terra moto
moto vert
pitster pro
pit pro

dont get me wrong though all of these bikes are great but if ur not jumping it or riding super hard id go with either the pit pro 140xr or the pitser pro x4r

from best to worst
terra moto
moto vert
pitster pro
pit pro

i personally think the list should be
pitster pro
moto vert
terra moto
pit pro

but it all depends on what bike you get from each range.

i personally think the list should be
pitster pro
moto vert
terra moto
pit pro

Thats more like it.

Go for motovert or pisterpro and you'll be fine, gearbox should be fine, unless you're a gearbox killer like me but few people break them.

thanks for the replies.
the motovert 125 is $2000 to $2300,which is cheap for a bike nearer the top end of the market, it looks like a good bike for the price.
my other option is the pitpro,very cheap but still with a good engine,i assume.i mean for $1100 to $1600 you can get a 125cc to 140cc bike that has a similar engine but not as good cycle parts.am i right so far?
as stated earlier it wont ever jump just zipping around on fairly flat off road ground.so the better cycle parts may be wasted on me and the boys.
i have a question though concerning engines.i noticed that the motoverts are all 125 cc.the pit pro has 125 and 140.
are the 125 engines more reliable than the same brand in 140 cc,also in the 140 cc format do the bikes have more gearbox drama's because of the greater torque of the larger engines.
the pitpro seems very cheap for what you get.the money isnt an issue,i work away on mine and construction sites,but dont want to get more bike than we can use,as stated we are 2 beginners and 1 sedate off road riders,although i do like doing wheelies.
i realise i could buy a jap bike,but i figure one step at a time.one of my projects is to do a wr250f yamaha as a super motard.anyway cheers for answering my earlier questions.cheers

indeed i agree with tube and flarry. have a look at our site sponser maylands performance they sell the pister pros at a good price. or another option is the MSO elite which is also from our other site sponser. they are a very nice looking bike btw

Latest posts

Back