Which Exhaust?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rien

Reaction score
Got a call from the Neighbours saying that on of my bikes is too loud. We have to change the exhaust. What should I change it to though. A good one.
Bike is a PitPro 125cc Lifan engine.

Just need an exhaust that isn't as loud.

Any help would be great. I'm just not sure what exhaust I should get.

i tihnk you will find all pipes are loud unless u can find one with a quite insert, my stock klx110 i loud and i know what the 125's are like jsut try and find a pipe with a quite insert

it seems like the 125rr exhaust isn't packed, so first I'd pack it, there's guide on this site somewhere
then get one of those silencer plugs, the guy at pitpro told me they make it as quiet as a postie bike.
so there's no need for a new exhaust and what I suggested should only cost you around $45

A silencer plug? As in one of these?

17-7851lg.jpg

this thing just sticks in your muffler, you can get them on ebay and at every pitbike store I've been to, they don't cost much but it would restrict your engine a little bit but nothing major
1866_1.JPG

i believe whtas needed is that hooveldicky that rip posted...

not a spark arrestor, thats just flyscreen in the pipe, but a baffle to break up the exhaust noise.

which is mainly caused by the suddenness of the valve action opening and closing... i still like the idea of a sleeve valve mod one day....aka, willys "silent knight"

Small Wheel Deals - Paisley Drv. Lawnton have " Lakeside Pipes" that are below 85db. they still alow 150s to breath well and cost around $30

Last edited:
I use the exact plug that rip posted up on my pitpro 125 and the neighbours love it! It doesnt restrict too much, only a little bit but its still great fun and no complaints from neighbours is great.

I have seen people use anything from an old cr80 piston with some holes drilled in it or a big socket that fits perfectly in the end of the muffler and they have all helped to reduced the overall noise of the bikes along with a well packed muffler ofcoarse.

an old timer even suggested just a strand of wire across the pipe...strangely it works...at a distance...anything to break up the pressure waves... and less restrictions, the better:)

Latest posts

Back