Which Fastace shock? My std shock broke at 75km/hr

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MRKEV

Reaction score
G'Day,

Fully guys my stock shock broke its shaft when I was riding at full speed (75km/hr) over some pretty rough straight at pinkenba. The whole back end dropped and the spring popped out! I held on for about two veers then I got turfed head first into the ground. Some way in the stack I broke an ankle as well so Ive got a temp cast and I have to see an orthopeadic surgoen next week hopefully wont need surgery. Lucky I had a helmet on my face is all scratched up and Im lucky I didnt mess up my teeth! My helmet is trashed all of the front if it is all broken/scratched and the visor is all broken. Anyway I havent been downstairs yet to check all the damage on the bike and hopefully the forks aren't bent if so ill just use it for parts. But if the rest of the bike is okay ill have to get a good rear shock and Ill probably sell it off and just ride my 110 for a while. The bike has a full swingwarm (not A frame) and im wondering which cheap fastace shock will suit. I have attached a picky to help but its before the accident ill try and take some today of the shock.

I guess my choices are:-
bs22ar-270l
BS-58AR-270l
bs58rcl-280l
BS-66RCL-280l

Thank for any help.

Attachments

• bike1.JPG
    bike1.JPG
    60.5 KB · Views: 80
Last edited:
depending on what you wanna spend get a 33ar, 66ar or 66rc

hey man i think you need a different swingarm for these ones

bs22ar-270l
BS-58AR-270l
bs58rcl-280l

hey man i think you need a different swingarm for these ones

bs22ar-270l
BS-58AR-270l
bs58rcl-280l

Thanks man your right so its a 33 or 66

Also I took the old shock off and checked the bike over. Just need new bars and shock

Last edited:
id 66rc you don want this to happen again so buy a good qulity one

I know id like a good quality one but im selling it off directly as it likes to jump out of second when really loaded up. and im not going to get any more $$ for it really fastace or not. Im thinking of putting the shock off my 110 on it then getting a fastace 58 or 22 for the 110 (its A frame) i gotta measure it up and see if it will go in the 125 (even though its an a frame shock as long as it fits okay). Also thinking of doing the same for the bars getting some pro tapers for the 110 and putting the steel ones on the 125. That way im not buying exxy parts for someone else cause im only going to get $400-$450 for it anyway.

Im also thinking of getting a DHZ (lifan 125 grey motor) bike. So i could pull the stock shock out of it when I get it and put it in this old one and then get a 66rc for the new DHZ bike. Same with bars.

Last edited:
Some guy is selling a 330mm Paioli shock on ebay I wonder if this might be okay to put on and sell it with.

Yeah I think youre right probably would let the swingarm drop too far.

Pulled the stock shock off my 110. It has the same size shaft and length as what was on the 125 so as long as i dont sell it to a heavy guy ill have no regrets. Could even put the heavier spring off the old one on it. It wont handle race pace with a 90+kg rider but no ebay bike does. Also bought a fastace 58-ar off ebay for $82 posted so will put that on the 110 to replace. My as well not put good gear on a bike im getting rid of.

Latest posts

Back