Which lifan is better?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wezza

Reaction score
Im a bit confused about these two engines.
This i believe is the 125
ab_1_b.jpg

This maybe 120?
f2_1.jpg

Just want to no which one is the better engine as i am looking at getting one of the two. cheers

Sorry ive got no info on either. Theyre in two bikes im looking at.

The first has the electric start on top..So it may not fit in your frame nicely.
The top mount electric starts are mainly used by us for ATv's and a while back the mini Gp bikes as there is plenty of space above....
May also effect carby positioning.
The second will slot into most CRF style frames.

Second also look more higher in the value chain with the first look slightly more plain...

More plain engines from expereince tend to be less powerfull but more durable while top end motors tend to be more preformance based and loose out on durability ..Good oil such as Motul will help...

Cheers

For Pitbike USe go Number 2

wezza said:
These are the same as the bikes im looking at.
First bikes engine:
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4645579979&rd=1&sspagename=STRK:MESE:IT&rd=1
second bikes engine:
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/2006-BRAND-N...4QQihZ002QQcategoryZ32074QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Also which of these style bikes would be better overall. cheers

my friend i need more information Otherwise im just guessing...

The baisic lifans are Ok but temmeber they are not the same as the Top end bikes get in them..

Think long and Hard...Also Zongshen are as good and in some cases better...

Hi Wezza, can't say much for the second bike but the first one is the MSO I bought. I can tell you about that. You would not be dissapointed buying an MSO. There are a couple of guys on here that have them. I ride mine hard all weeknd long and it never misses a beat. It handles great and goes hard. Best bike for the bucks by far IMHO :)

The top engine is 54mm x 54mm big valve lifan and is identical to the black ones getting around on ebay except has electric start. The botton one is a Lifan 52.4mm x 55mm big valve as well, affectionately known as the 120 monster. The plain-ness of a motor makes as much difference to performance and durability as the colour of my monitor shroud does to picture quality.

The 120 is the better buy because it has the clutch mounted on the primary shaft of the gearbox and not the crankshaft. Which means start in gear and also will take a rotor kit or after market cdi for much higher revs. Also there are bolt in, big bore kits, already available for this engine. Extensive work and developement has been done with this motor around the world and it is very strong. The other Lifan is just as strong and has upgrades available too. I wouldn't get the electric start one though I'd get the black kick only one. There is also an identical 120 and 125 Zongshen motor which takes all the same parts and is just as good, cause they're virtually identical.

Mack said:
There is also an identical 120 and 125 Zongshen motor which takes all the same parts and is just as good, cause they're virtually identical.

Fuck we agreed on something Im going out to get pissed....Jokes ....get over Macka...I just have a bit of fun with you....

If you have time come see my mechanic and he will show you the difference between the cheeper motors (Plain) and more expensive Zongshens...

Sleeves and other things are used on the upper class ZOngs...While the others are just cast solid crap...and yeah will never break....(yeah yeah never say never....)

Ps I have not seen you on CMZ lately

Latest posts

Back