which motor option

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aussiemonster

Reaction score
G'day people,

i have a motovert rx with the 125 jialing engine in it.i am happy with the bike ,i.e suspension,brakes etc,but would like more in the go department.
what do you think are my best options as far as more horsepower for dollars spent.
if the engine in the bike is such a good one,would i be better to

1. leave it in one piece and take it out and store it and buy a whole bigger cc unit.

2. modify the engine i have for example go to a 140cc set up. (can you go bigger with these as they have a 57mm stroke to start with.)

the bike came with 16/39 gearing and on the speedo that came with the bike it got to 87 km/h.so top speed is fine for a pit bike ,the gearing feels about right as is.so im after more low and mid range.even the cam seems mid to top end of the range orientated,so dont want to change that.i was thinking more cc's and more compression.what do you think of that anyone.

i,ve already taken the exhaust end cap off,and it has a uni filter,and i have port matched everything(although it was all pretty close to start with,only a mm here or there in it.)

will other brands of engine bolt straight in,or should i stick to other motovert options?,that is jialing/gpx stuff.cheers dave perth

any pitbike motor should bolt straight in. Have you thought about the 150cc dirtmax avenger engine?

its a 150cc GPX motor, something you would find in pitsters etc etc!

you can get a I.R.K and oil slinger kit which would do wonders in the excelleration department! you could also upgrade to a better carb vm26 tuned correctly may stop bogging and improve excelleration yet again!

if your seruious about the numbers you can start chagning your internals, like your cam, ink, oil sling, valve springs shit like that but at the end of the day it all comes down to how you ride =)

if your seruious about the numbers you can start chagning your internals, like your cam, ink, oil sling, valve springs shit like that but at the end of the day it all comes down to how you ride =)

thanks for writing pritty much what i wrote

Go the 150cc option $400 and maybe a new pipe $400. 20-30 percent increase in HP surely. 150cc kit(apparantly16hp) available from motovert website or check the shop that you bought it from. They should be able to order it in for you.

Last edited:
hey thanks for the prompt replies.im open to all suggestions.here is what i have learned though with my bike having a lighting system and generator.the shop i bought it off are into racing these things etc,anyway,they said if i buy a 140 complete engine i wont have my charge system etc,so thats out.and the oil sling idea is also a bit of a hard to sort for the same sort of reasons.
but from what im reading on here you cant beat cubes so this is where im at so far.
full exhaust system(but i may have to play around a bit with a small cap baffle for the street)
vm26 carb
headporting
150cc bigbore kit (which is really 146cc)
quick turn throttle

im not after a top end screamer i just want throttle response and more low to mid range,and this combo should deliver.
for dollars spent it should be good,im not interested in turning the motor tighter(running it to higher revs).most of the mods im reading about is for outright racing and full throttle stuff,but i learned from yrs of drag racing bikes and cars that i prefer a slower turning big block than a screaming small block,even if the small block has more outright hp for example.i have a big bore kit,higher comp ratio,cams ground for torque etc in my ducati and it is spot on for a fun ride.hp might win races but torque is what you feel in the seat of your pants.does changing the cdi help(and can i do it without running into drama's with my charging system,as i am limited to what i can do compared to the pure off road pit bikes).
again cheers for any and all info and suggestions keep them coming if you have anything that you think may help.cheers dave perth

maylands sells the 146cc top end kit :)
it fits the jialings
hehehe cant wait till i got the cash for 1

twin oil coolers
grind cam
bigger valves
obviously 146 top end
if ur game 60.5mm crank from akunar
oil sling (easy fit i just done my irk and oil sling in my jialing)
heres 1 that u can do but will cause hassle
run all ur wires to battery instead and just always charge ur battery that way u can run irk

like i was taking it out, if you think that was taking it out you have no idea

Latest posts

Back