Which pit bike should I get???

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Plumbot

Reaction score
Hi all

I'm looking for 1st bike for my son. Dont want to spend a fortune in case he looses interest after 6 months. He's 11, and tall so height wise he's CRF100 sized, but even secondhand there's a fair bit of coin involved.

SO, can anybody recommend a good brand of pitty to get him started. It'll be ridden at friends properties, and the local mx tracks. The Braaps look ok, but they are not disimilar in price to a honda. Once he's hooked, we'll upgrade from there as needed.

Any constructive feedback would be great

Cheers
Plumbot

well for $2500 you can get a good pitbike that can handle all sorts of abuse your son will throw at it
for $650-$1500 you can get a piece of crap that's "good enough" to start off with, but leaves much to be desired...

depends which path you wanna go down, I know I'd go for something that's gonna be up to scratch out of the box

the thing about pitbikes is the better quality ones are fast and touchy power wise so if its hes first motorbike maybe a suggestion would be to get a pitster pro x4r which is 2500 and get a 1/2 tur throttle on it to get him used to the bike without getting bucked off

Latest posts

Back